where i'm from.

i'm from a place where worlds collide,

on the border of charlotte and mint hill is where i reside.

a yellow house with wizards, dragons, cat toys, and more cd's and books than can be counted,

on the big tree out front where the flowers look oh so pretty in the spring, rests my mothers's many birdhouses.

my best friends are the owners of that quirky little yellow house.

you call them "penny and dennis" but i have the honor of calling them "mom and dad".

momma's always said "God pays back debt without money".

that's always been her way of telling me that those who've wronged me will get what's coming to them, our own special form of karma.

growing up my days were spent between that yellow house and the small tan house next door.

from the small tan house next door i would go to the small elementary school miles down the road.

from that small school i would go to the ymca for afterschool.

from afterschool i would always end up at my best friend's house, which was conveniently six houses from mine.

i'm sad to say that i can no longer remember how we spent our time together.

i can remember that we were rascals growing up and were without a doubt getting into some kind of trouble.

i'm happy to say that even today, fifteen years later, my best friend and i are still getting into trouble.

she no longer lives six houses down from me, but she does live just a few miles down the road with her two kids, two dogs and her boyfriend.

she shaped me into who i am today.

the only difference now is that i'm much more of a bookworm and would rather spend my time writing and exploring than i would anything else.

although i guess that means i'm not that much different than i was back then.

i'm from family dinners at the table for holidays and steak only.

i'm from family night and pizza's every saturday.

i'm from "let's watch a scary movie while mom takes a nap!"

i'm from "amber come watch this lifetime movie with me!"

i'm from watching all my children with my mom every day until the show was canceled.

now i watch bold & the beautiful every chance i get at 1 pm with her.

i'm constantly changing and growing and i can't wait to see where i'll be from five years down the road.