thank you pt 2.

i believe that this chapter in my life has finally come to a close. 

when i first started posting "behind my eyes", i was in a completely different state of mind than i am today and it's weird to see just how far i've come in the short amount of time that i've been posting this collection.

most of the work in this is book is about the first person i've ever truly loved and the journey in getting over him and working on myself, and now i believe that for the most part, i'm over him. sure there are days where i wake up and i feel the weight of missing him, so heavy on my chest that i can't breathe. i've come to the realization that it's just something i'm going to have to deal with and my world can't stop spinning for some boy who was only a temporary person in my life.

the very first thing in this collection is a disclaimer, stating basically, that most of the work in it is ages old and it doesn't reflect where i am now. while that's true, a good portion of it is older, most of it is very recent. most nights i'd come home, write a few pieces out, publish them, and then type out some older ones. i went through some seriously dark times while writing this, there were times where i truly thought i wasn't going to make it to the other side.

it's an odd sort of feeling, to look back at all of the work i've put into this and see how much i've evolved, not only as a writer but as a person. it makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

"behind my eyes", is best read late at night, with sad songs and also lorde's discography, with your favorite candle burning in the back.

i hope that these words have brought you comfort in some way.

if you've read everything i've put out, just know that i love you, from the bottom of my heart. i appreciate the support and it's comforting to know that someone else resonates with the words.

if you voted for any of them, that makes my heart soar, it's a cute little way to see which one's touched you more and it's a good gage to see what you all would like to see.

if you're looking for a sign to post your own writing, this is it, do it. nothing but good things come from it.

thank you for reading, sharing, and accepting me into your lives.

thank you for looking behind my eyes.

all the love,

amber.