dream a little dream of me too.

i think a part of me will always love you,

i've tried to deny it for so long because of how you treated me.

you always treated me like i was less of a human and i let you—because i was so smitten with you.

not with you, more so the idea of you.

i was in love with the idea of you.

i don't think i'll ever be able to accept that i don't love you anymore.

sometimes i think i've come around to the idea that i don't love you and i don't care anymore,

and i'm almost immediately proven wrong.

you appear in my dreams almost constantly and just like clockwork, you were there last night.

i'm not sure why my mind likes to torture me like this.

you were there and so were all of our old friends except this time we seemed to be dating and everything was great.

that's how i knew it was a dream because of how well everything was going.

i was sitting on your lap with your arms in the dream and you were whispering some joke into my ear and laughing.

that's something that rarely ever happened for real and it only happened when we were in the comfort of your car or on your couch.

you weren't very much into pda when it came to me anyways, everything between us happened in privacy.

i know deep down that i shouldn't feel this way and i know it's wrong of me to still think of you like this,

god i hope you think of me.

i hope that you're scared to lose the memory of me too.

i hope that you remember me every time you get into the car,

i hope you see my shadow in the passenger seat of your car.

i hope you see me sitting on your piano bench every time you turn your computer on,

and i hope you see me on your couch when you watch television.

i hope your fingers itch to message me.

i hope the memory of me haunts you forever as you're haunting me.

spare me a thought every now and again.

dream a little dream of me.