senses.

it's been a little over an hour since we said our goodbyes.

i can still feel your hands on me.

i can smell the stench of stale cigarettes on my clothes and i can still taste them leftover from your lips on mine.

i can still hear you whispering into my ear and i can feel your lips against my skin.

i can feel your lips on my neck and i can feel your teeth sinking into my palm and my cheek.

your hands were grabbing whatever flesh they could get and holding tight as if your life depended on it.

it's been three days now and your mark is still on my neck and your fingertips are still marked on my hips.

you marked me so easily even though i said not to.

why didn't you just listen?

now i'm stuck with the burning reminders of the mistakes we've made and i don't know how long it will take to fade.

i can feel the shame burning in my veins and it doesn't help that i have to see you every day.

it's been a week now and i've, for some unknown reason, decided that i was going to meet you again and repeat this ridiculous cycle.

this time your hands found their way around my throat and i thought for sure it was going to be over for me,

my vision was fading and it took tugging harshly on your hair for you to snap out of it.

i left shortly after that.

it's been a day and a half and my head feels heavy.

it's been a week and my neck still aches.

i've come to my senses and i've decided that you're never going to lay your hands on me ever again.

i never want to taste your nasty cigarette flavored lips and i never want to come home smelling like them.

i never want your teeth to touch my flesh.

i want you to stay far away from me.