fire.

i wrote this one after i read the light switch in an abandoned building.

-

how peculiar is it that people tell you and expect you to stay calm in the case of a fire?

it's even more peculiar that they tell you not to hide and instead hurry outside.

why should i hurry when i'm being told by everyone else to stay calm?

i'm supposed to remain calm and in an orderly fashion head outside in a single file line with the rest of my classmates.

if everyone is headed out at the same time regardless of how calm we are,

if the building is on fire then we can assume that the integrity of the building is compromised and the weight of everyone moving through the building at the same time could result in it collapsing!

if the integrity of the building is compromised and everyone isn't calm and they're running through that's even worse because people can fall and get trampled.

if the building is on fire then you risk the ceiling collapsing on you and that will only cause more chaos because then you'd be trapped in the building!

there's so many unknown factors with fires it's not safe to stay calm and it's not safe to run in the building so what do they really expect to happen?

with all that in mind, tell me, would you hurry outside or would you just stay inside?