van gough and i.

i've always felt that the way i see things is much different than the way my peers do.

i never realized that maybe other people see the world that way as well until i watched the vincent van gough episode of doctor who.

when vincent is lying in the field with the doctor and amy and explaining the way he sees the night sky,

i think that's when it clicked for me.

i'm not sure if that was historically accurate or if they were trying to make him seem artsier than he was but it worked.

i, too, see the night sky as a deep blue and i see the stars as they twinkle in the sky above us.

i've felt the wind swirl up around me and through my hair chilling my bones.

the world is so majestic and there are so many things that go unnoticed by people simply because they can't properly see it.

van gough, in the episode at least, saw everything the way he painted it—brush strokes and all.

i see the worlds in words.

everything i lay my eyes on—my mind immediately tries to think of ways to write it and capture its essence just right.

it's something i've done for as long as i can remember.

it's also a way to help me remember specific details that i would otherwise miss or forget.

i remember once in seventh grade, my journalism teacher took us all outside to do an activity and then come back to the class and write about it.

since my mind works in words, my piece had intense detail and my teacher read it out to the class.

i remember being so proud of myself for creating something that was good enough to share with the class.

van gough and i are alike in the sense that we see the entire world as our canvas and see things for all that they are.

i wish i could be half the artist he was.