the unknown.

i've spent so much time and energy on people who i know wouldn't even do the same for me.

i've consistently reached out the past few days and gotten nothing in return but i still see that you're posting on social media and i know that i'm not entitled to a reply and i'm not entitled to your time,

but just the other night wasn't it you who said that you were glad we reconnected and you weren't going to let me slip away again?

it's hard for me to believe that you truly feel that way when the way that you're acting now counteracts that so harshly.

i'm well aware i have a hard time figuring out people's intentions but i truly thought i knew yours like the back of my hand.

the whiplash you've given me is detrimental to my health.

i can't make sense of anything.

up is down and down is up when it comes to you.

god how could i be so dumb yet again.

no matter how many times i try i still get it wrong.

foolishly i reach out yet again and i pray that the outcome will be different.

did i jinx this by talking about it?

have the stars looked at me and they think that it's some sort of a game to do this to me again and again?

is this somehow my fault?

am i just not enough?

i just wish that things were different.

why can't something just go good for once.

you and i would be unstoppable and i think we both know it.

i think you're scared of what could be.

i am too.

the unknown will always be terrifying to me but i'm still foolish enough to want to take that leap.

i just wish i could find someone willing to jump with me.