graduation.

i can probably qualify a few moments as the "greatest moment of my life (so far)".

graduating high school is probably the only one that stands out, i never thought i'd make it that far.

i remember walking into the coliseum for rehearsal and being so anxious, and we weren't even walking across the stage that day.

then the actual day came and my palms were so sweaty.

i wasn't sat near anyone i knew so that was terrifying because the only person i had to calm my nerves was myself and lord knows i'm not good at that.

i sat there as they read through the endless list of names and once they got to mine, it was like everything had stopped.

i could feel my heartbeat about to burst through my chest and my mouth was suddenly dry, "why didn't i bring any water or chapstick?"

my legs were shaking so fiercely i was nervous they were just going to fall off.

i stepped up onto the stage and shook hands with the longest line of people i'd ever seen and smiled at them so hard my cheeks hurt for days after that.

i remember almost falling as i stepped down from the stage.

it took everything in me to not run out the door after.

i waved to my parents after i sat back down and let out the air in my lungs i didn't even know i was holding. 

i did it.

i made it through high school.

some of the hardest years of my life were over.

i was finally out.

all of the friends i had made and memories in the halls, cafeteria, breezeway...

all of it was done.

i would never sit in the bridge between the freshman hall and the 200 hall again in the morning with olivia and any other friends we happened to pick up that day.

sophia and i wouldn't walk to the car lot together after fourth period again.

i wouldn't get to eat with my best friends at lunch again.

i wouldn't be able to annoy mrs.shinn again in photography.

i wouldn't be able to hear insane stories from my forensics teacher again.

everything was coming to a close and i'd been so anxious about it that i forgot to enjoy the moments i had left.

after we left the coliseum my mom and dad took us home,

a few minutes later a small white car pulled up.

it was sophia and ashley, who are coincidentally two of my favorite people.

i don't think i would be who i am today without their jokes and enthusiasm.

then pulled up my mom's best friend with flowers for me and taking pictures.  

i'll forever be grateful for that.

my neighbors were next, brad and sandra, they helped raise me from when i was just a baby.

they took care of me in the mornings when my mom was too sick to do it and they never once complained.

they're essentially my second parents and i owe them so much.

high school was really over and it was something i thought i'd never see.

high school was so rough i never thought i'd make it out alive.

june tenth, two thousand and seventeen was the greatest day of my life.