Chapter 3, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

The next morning, as Gwen was helping me get ready, I realised just how happy she was, despite her father being gravely ill. I got a feeling I knew what'd happened but I didn't let myself think about it.

I ask Gwen as she finishes making my bed, Luna curled up on my desk, "Gwen? What do you think of Merlin?"

"Merlin?" She asks, looking surprised. I nod, stroking Luna's fur. I'm wearing a sleeveless white dress with a cape attached to it. "We're just friends. I really like him, but, Merlin and I are just friends."

I nod my head.

"What about you, Your Grace?" She asks, catching me off guard.

"Wh-What?" I stammer.

"What do you think of Merlin?"

"He's really nice and I like him a lot, but we're just friends. Besides, it's not like anything could ever come of it, considering he's a servant and I'm a princess. Not to mention the fact that I'm supposed to be marrying Arthur," I sigh in devastation towards the end.

"Who knows? Maybe when you're queen, you can change that?" Gwen says, smiling at me.

I murmur, "Perhaps. But, you know neither Uther nor my father will allow it."

"Well, you never know, Your Grace," Gwen says, before finishing up in my room and excusing herself.

                           🗡🗡🗡

Awhile later, I hear Gwen screaming. I rush out of my room and see her being hauled down the corridor by a couple of guards, Arthur right in front of them. I head for Morgana, to ask her what's happened.

"I just saw some guards dragging Gwen down the hall. What the hell is happening?!" I ask.

"Arthur claims that she's been accused of using enchantments to cure her father. But I don't believe that," The green eyed woman responds, anger in her tone. I was furious at Arthur too.

"That's ridiculous! Gwen is not a sorcerer!"

"Try telling that to Uther!" She hisses. Morgana grabs my arm and we race to the throne room to save our friend.

We reach the throne room as Gwen yells, having been thrown on her knees, "Why won't anyone believe me?! He  got better! He just recovered! I didn't do anything!"

"We believe you!" Morgana says, having released my arm as we'd stormed into the throne room, and stand protectively beside Gwen. I spot Eric beside Merlin, no doubt having heard Gwen's screams. "Perhaps this is a disease that is not always fatal?"

"Have you ever thought of that?!" I ask sharply, struggling to restrain my anger. "Perhaps he recovered naturally?"

"And what of this poultice that was found?" Uther questions, causing Morgana and I to flick our gazes down to Gwen.

'Merlin, you idiot!' I Roar at him mentally, with our magic. 'What did you do?!'

'I-I'm sorry! I didn't—!' He begins but I cut him off.

'Nevermind, we'll talk about this later. I'll do what I can to save Gwen.'

'Thank you, Ariella!'

'Don't thank me just yet.'

"What poultice?! I don't know anything about a poultice!" Gwen pleads.

"It was found in your house," Uther says lowly, as he gets to his feet and walks up to her. "Undo this enchantment—put an end to this contagion."