Chapter 7, Part 4

Ariella's P. O. V:

After changing into a sleeveless red dress, I sit beside Morgana after we'd been summoned by Arthur to discuss something important. Eric stands off to the side, watching the young Pendragon curiously.

"I've requested this audience, father, to discuss a matter of great importance," Arthur says as he fiddled with a ring on his finger. I lock eyes with Merlin as he quietly enters the throne room behind Arthur, Sophia and Aulfric. "It cannot have escaped your attention that I and Lady Sophia Tir Mor have grown very close.

Uther asks wearily, "Not too close, I hope?"

"We're in love," Arthur tells his father, causing Uther to look at Morgana and I with an exasperated expression. "Which is I why I come before you today to ask for your permission to marry." My gaze locks with Merlin's once more, before I avert them.

Uther starts chuckling, thinking this all a joke. "I see you're joking."

"No," Arthur says unwaveringly. The smile drops from the king's face. I notice the triumph smile on Sophia's face, and I can't help but glare at her. "I'm going to marry her."

"But you only met two days ago. Whereas, you've known Ariella your whole life. You're already in an arranged marriage! King Oberon and I have arranged it before you were born."

"We're in love," Arthur says more firmly this time, through clenched teeth. He didn't even glance at me when he said this.

"We has no idea that you were such a romantic, have we, Morgana, Ariella?" Uther asks as he looks at us.

"No. He's full of surprises," Morgana says in

"I never knew he had such a charming quality," I mutter, glaring death daggers at the auburn haired girl.

"I'm going to marry her. I don't care what any of you think about it," Says Arthur.

Uther reminds him, "I thought you've to ask my permission?"

"Have courtesy, nothing more," Arthur says before he takes Sophia's hand and they and Aulfric start to leave the throne room.

Uther says in a steely tone, setting down the papers he was looking at, "Guards, door."

The guards at the doors to the throne room cross the tips of their spears over each other to block their path. Arthur, Sophia and her father stop short.

"Have you forgotten who's court you're standing in?" Uther demands as he gets to his feet and pushes back his red cape.

"You won't stop me. If I want to marry her, I will!" Arthur says determinedly.

"Arrest Sophia and Aulfric Tir Mor!" Uther orders. Guards immediately walk over and grab the father and daughter.

"What are you doing?!" Arthur shouts, storming up to the king.

"And inform the executioner his services will be required tomorrow morning!" Uther finishes.

"You can't do this!" Arthur protests.

"Yes, I can! And, unless you show me some respect, I will!" The two males glare at each other in tense silence. Just when I think Arthur will protest more, he sighs as he bows his head in submission, holding out his arms. "Release them!" Uther orders, and the guards step back. He tells Arthur, "You've got your whole life ahead of you. Sophia is not your first love, but she certainly won't be the only one." Here, Uther flicks his green eyes to me and smiles for a second. Arthur, Sophia and Aulfric follow his gaze as I give him a tight smile in return. The Tir Mors just glare at me with hatred and anger in their eyes, but I made a show of blatantly ignoring them, keeping my gaze on the king. Looking back at his son, Uther adds, "Enjoy yourself while you can."