Chapter 35, Part 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

I lie next to Merlin that night, Mira in his arms so Lancelot could also fully see her. I smile over at Lancelot as I say, "You're a knight! At last! How does it feel?! Exciting?"

"It's hard to say, but for how long?" He responds, a hand on his forehead before he drops it.

"Who knows?" Merlin and I say in unison.

Lancelot's grin vanishes and a knowing look appears in his piercing dark eyes as he gazes at us. Leaning on his right elbow to face me and Merlin, Lancelot questions, "What are you planning? And, don't even think about lying. I know you both too well."

Merlin looks up before he exchanges looks with me. Then he says to Lancelot, "It's too difficult to explain."

"You can tell me," Says Lancelot.
Keeping one arm wrapped around Mira, Merlin leans up on his other elbow as I do the same.

Merlin says, "Morgana has the Cup of Life. If Ari and I can find it, and empty it of the blood within, then the army will be destroyed, and Morgana will be powerless."

Lancelot nods as he raises an eyebrow. He asks, "Aren't you two forgetting something? It's guarded, by an immortal army."

"Aren't you forgetting something? I have magic," Merlin reminds him. "Just as my daughter does."

"As do I!" I chime in, causing both men to look at me. "Not only do I have my magic, but I'm also a better warrior than my husband. I have that to back me up."

"I think I'm offended by that, Ari," Merlin says in a feigned hurt voice. "I thought you said my sword skills have improved once?"

"They have, but I'm still way better!" Both men chuckle slightly at my competitive attitude.

"It doesn't make either of you immortal," Lancelot points out.

"No," Merlin and I say in unison.

"You know, Merlin, Ari, you two are the ones Arthur should knight." Merlin scoffs as I grin at that. "You're the bravest of us all, and he doesn't even know."

I murmur, "Arthur's always known of my bravery. He just can't yet see Merlin for who and what he really is." My blue eyes soften with love as I smile at my husband, who smiles back at me, stroking my cheek a bit.

"He can't," Merlin says to Lancelot, turning back to him. "Not yet. That's why I need to find a way to get to the Cup without Arthur knowing."

"Leave that to me," Lancelot tells us.

"We," I remind him, causing Merlin and Lancelot to look at me again. "We do this together, Merlin. Even if you are to die trying, I will follow you. For I cannot bear to live in a world without you. You are my world, Merlin." I gently caress his right cheek as I say this, gazing deep into his blue grey orbs as Lancelot smiles at us.

"As long as you promise to stay by my side, Fireheart, nothing can stop me," He says, smiling back. "You will stay by my side tomorrow, won't you? That way, I'll know you're safe."

"Of course I'll be by your side, Merlin. To whatever end," I promise him. Lancelot watches us with a smile as I lean down press my lips to Merlin's in a deep yet sweet kiss.

We break it after a moment and Merlin smiles dazedly at me, before he and I turn back to Lancelot, a blush on my face. "I knew the two of you would be together someday," He murmurs.

I lean my chin on Merlin's shoulder as I hug him and he responds, "I still can't quite believe she's finally mine. Sometimes I still think it's all just a dream, and that she's married Arthur, not me."