Chapter 23

Songs used:

Return To Me by Cassidy Ladden from Winx Club Season 5, 6, Winx Club: Fairy School

Ariella's P. O. V:

I watch as Gaius feels the sick man's forehead that has a damp cloth on it, before he comes back over to his wife and Merlin puts his cloak on.

Gaius says, "If he's not better in the morning, let me know." The woman nods in understanding. Outside, thunder claps and lightning flashes, as rain hits the side of the house. I was helping Gaius tend to the sick man as part of my studies. A storm had hit the city.

I walk with Gaius and Merlin back to the castle, my red cloak thrown over my matching coloured dress, silver horse necklace around my neck.

As we leave The Rising Sun, Merlin and I start when lightning flashes and a shadowed figure lunges forward in an iron cage that's attached to the back of a horse drawn cart, their hands wrapping around the bars as chains clink and dangle from their wrists.

Merlin and I blink as we relax upon seeing that it's a girl, around our age, with long, matted dark hair wearing a torn and tattered red dress. She looks a little thin, like she'd been trapped there for sometime, and her dark eyes stare back at the two of us, begging us to help her.

My heart sinks once I realise she's been captured for money, and it greatly sickens me.

"Gaius!" Merlin and I both say in unison, standing next to him and gazing back at the Druid girl

"She's fallen prey to a bounty hunter."

My stomach twists at that, as Merlin says, "She's only a girl!"

"She'll still fetch a good price, though," Gaius says.

"Someone's going to pay for her?" I demand, a disgusted look on our faces.

"Uther offers a handsome reward for anyone with magic," Gaius says before he starts to walk away.

"There must be something we can do," Merlin says.

I turn to him as I say guiltily, "Merlin, bounty hunters are dangerous men. They're not to be meddled with. You, of all people, should understand that. I do all too well."