Chapter 52, Part 1

Songs used: To The End of the Earth by Jessica Mauboy

Ariella's P. O. V:

"Now, keep your grip steady, and inhale calmly. Keep your focus on the target," I say as I watch Mira pull back her purple tailed arrow in her bow, which is aimed at the target ahead. We were in the training grounds, and the other knights were watching as they waited for Arthur to arrive.

Upon exhaling, Mira releases her bowstring and the arrow soars through the air. It hits the outside of the red circle with a soft thunk, making the knights clap as Merlin, Jason, who is sitting on the bench next to him, and I grin.

"That was incredible, Mira!" I say proudly.

"I still didn't hit the centre!" She says disappointedly.

"Well, keep practicing. You'll get it," I tell her. Mira nods and takes up another arrow, nocking it.

Just as Mira was about to fire it, Arthur calls, "Alright, let's get start—whoa!" He's cut off when Mira's arrow goes flying past his head and thunks into the ground behind him. Merlin starts chuckling as Mira gives Arthur an apologetic look, and I give a sheepish one.

"Sorry, Uncle Arthur! I missed my target," Mira says.

"You do have very good aim," Arthur says.

"Nah. I'd say you'd just about hit it," Merlin mutters, causing Arthur to glare at him as he picks up Mira's arrow.

"What was that?" Arthur demands as he approaches us.

"Daddy's in trouble!" Jason says.

"I... just said that Mira almost hit her target. Not that I was referring to you, because I wasn't!" Merlin stutters.

"You're right: she almost hit her target, though she went a bit too far from you," Arthur says, pointing the arrow at the warlock.

"Hey! I wasn't referring to me, either!"

Arthur sighs before going up to Mira and crouching as he holds out her arrow. "I believe this is yours, Your Highness."

Giggling, she says as she takes it, "Thank you, Uncle Arthur!"

I smile at them before I get Mira's other arrows, and hand them to her. Then I tell her to go sit with Jason and Merlin while I do my own training.

"Alright, let's practice deflecting and counterstrokes, so pair off. Leon, you're with me," Arthur says.

I was paired up with Mordred, and could see Merlin watching us carefully as we spar against each other. Each time Mordred would slash at me, I would easily deflect it, meeting it with my own counterstroke. It was almost like a dance as the other knights did the same.

Soon, Mordred and I switched techniques. He deflects my attacks as best he could while I met them with counterstrokes.

When we'd finished with training, and I'd changed into my long sleeved pink dress with my rose quartz cat jewellery set, my hair done in a half braid, half ponytail, I was walking the corridors with husband as he was making his rounds for Arthur.

Mira and Jason wander ahead of us, giggling.

"I was watching you during training today," Merlin says, my arms hugging his right one.

"I felt you watching. It's not because you might have a bit of distrust toward Mordred still, and you're worried he'll hurt me, in some way?" I reply, gazing at him.

"No. Well, maybe a little. But I can't help but worry about you, Fireheart. Especially after everything you've told e about your visions."

"I'll be fine, Merlin. I can protect myself against Mordred, and I think we should give him a chance. At least, for now. After all, he hasn't done anything to make us think otherwise, yet."