Chapter 9, Part 1

Pic above is Mordred—->

Ariella's P. O. V:

I was wandering the castle halls, wearing a pink, off the shoulder dress, while reading my book when I nearly crash right into someone.

"Sorry!" I gasp, just barely managing to stop myself from toppling over.

"Ari! Thank god, it's just you!" I jerk my head up to see it was Merlin with his arm wrapped around a boy, who appears to be around ten years old, with brown hair and vibrant, sky blue eyes.

"Merlin?! What are you doing?! And... And is that who I think it is...?!" I ask in shock, recognising the boy as the one the guards have been looking for the past couple of days.

"No time to explain! But you have to help me hide him! The guards are after him!" Merlin begs, voice frantic. My eyes jerk wide as the druid boy's full with fear at the sound of the guards shouting from down the hall.

"In there! Check the halls!"

"Quick! Down there! This way!"

I look back at Merlin's pleading look, then at the boy's frightened one, knowing immediately that his friend has already been captured by the guards. Setting my resolve, I nod my head rapidly before gesturing for Merlin to follow me.

"Where are we going?" He asks in a relived tone.

"To someone I know who'll help us," Was my only reply as we race up the winding staircase to the royal sleeping quarters.

I hear him say to the boy mentally, 'Don't worry. Princess Ariella is my best friend; she'll help us.' I feel the Druid boy staring at me as we run.

When we get to Morgana's bedchambers, Merlin throws open the door, and it hits the wall with a bang.

"Have you ever learned to knock, Merlin?! And, Ari, why do you look so freaked out?!" Morgana, sitting at a table, Gwen near her, exclaims as I shut the door behind us and they turn to see Merlin with the Druid boy.

"The guards are after him! We didn't know what to do," Merlin explains, as we both pant to catch our breath. The guards knocking on the door, as Morgana just continues to stare at the Druid boy with wide, green eyes.

"My Lady!" The guard calls frantically. He knocks again, more urgent. "My Lady!" Merlin, the boy and I continue to gaze at Uther's ward pleadingly, while I silently beg her to help us, like I'd hoped she would.

"In there!" The dark haired woman calls, before she gestures for Merlin to hide the boy behind her curtain.

Merlin nods his head and ducks behind the curtain with the boy, making sure they're well covered, while I stand next to Gwen. Considering the fact I'm due to marry the prince and Gwen is my maid as well, the guards wouldn't even suspect a thing.

Morgana and I exchange glances as I try to regain my composure in time and calm my racing heart.

"Sorry to disturb you, My Lady, we're searching for the Druid boy. We believe he came this way," The guard in front tells her.

"I haven't seen anyone!" She responds smoothly, smiling pleasantly at him. "It's just us and our maid." Morgana flicks her bright green eyes back at Gwen and I as she says this, and I give the guards a happy wave and a bright smile, only a hint of sarcasm in the gestures.

"Best keep the door locked 'till we find him."

"Of course," Morgana says before they finally leave and she shuts the door with a soft click.

We immediately rush over to Merlin and the druid boy behind the curtain, only to discover the boy has lost consciousness as we drop to our knees. Merlin flicks his gaze between us as he removes his hand from around the boy's left arm, and reveals it to be coated in scarlet blood.