Chapter 24, Part 3

Third Person's P. O. V:

"You? You want to take Ari out for a ride?" Arthur questions after Merlin, standing before his desk, asks him just that. The warlock had come here after lunch to ask that he takes the Princess out for a ride before the wedding in about three hours, as he wants to try and make her feel better about it.

Merlin nods. "Yes. I just thought it would help make her feel better about the whole wedding, and I'd like to spend sometime with her beforehand. I do promise to have her back in time for the wedding. So, can I take her out? For a last taste of freedom before she becomes your wife?"

Arthur seems to consider this, tapping his fingers on his desk. Finally he sighs and nods his head, saying, "Alright, Merlin. I'll allow it." Merlin grins at him. "Just be sure to get back on time for the wedding."

"Thank you, Arthur! And, you can be sure of it!" He says before he turns and dashes out of the room, heading down the corridor towards Ari's. standing outside her door, Merlin knocks on it. "It's Merlin!"

The door opens a second later to reveal Naomi, carroty red hair framing her face as she peers through the door at Arthur's servant. "Merlin. This is a nice surprise," She says, smiling.

"Hello, Naomi. Uh, sorry to disturb you, but can I talk to Ari?"

"Of course. Just one second," Naomi replies before she steps back into the room. Merlin waits a moment until Ari appears at the door, opening it a bit wider.

A smile twitches at her lips. "Merlin. It's good to see you. I'm sorry about yelling at you earlier. I was just upset about my wedding and it was kind of stressing me out. Making me anxious, and all. I really didn't mean to yell at you."

"It's alright. I understand. Though, I can't imagine what you're going through. But that's why I'm here," He says, seeing Ari frown in bemusement. "I just talked to Arthur about it, and he agreed to let me take you out for a ride before your wedding. To help take your mind off it, even for just a short awhile. That is... if you want to...?"

Merlin waits as Ari thinks about her response, seeing Naomi gazing at them curiously. She resumes tidying up the dishes from their lunch.

Finally, Ari says, smiling gratefully, "I'd love that. Thank you, Merlin."

"Great! I'll get the horses ready," He says.

"I want to take Pegasus out this time. Let him get some exercise," Ari tells him.

Merlin nods in understanding. "Okay."

"I'll be ready in a few minutes," Ari says and he nods again before Merlin goes to grab the horses, remembering the beautiful white Friesian stallion Ari introduced him to a few days ago.

When Ariella closes the door and goes back in her room, Naomi asks her, "What was that all about, Ari?"

"Merlin was able to convince Arthur to let him take me out for a ride before the wedding," The Princess replies. "We'll be gone for awhile."

"I'll help you get ready, then finish up here. I hope you have fun," She says, and the blonde smiles at her as she nods, before Naomi finds out her riding clothes.

Once Ariella was ready, her dagger that Arthur gave her for her birthday strapped to Ariella's right waist, she meets Merlin outside and sees that both his horse and Pegasus were already tacked up, being held by a couple of guards.