Chapter 7, Part 3

Third Person's P. O. V:

Morgana says as she leans against the chair in Arthur's chambers that night, "You seem very fond of her."

"You make that sound like a bad thing," Arthur replies as he takes off his sword belt.

"Not necessarily. I've just never seen you fall under a woman's spell so quickly."

"If you're jealous, Morgana, it's okay to admit it," Arthur says as he goes to his bed and removes his brown jacket.

"Don't flatter yourself," Morgana scoffs.

"Come on! It wouldn't be the first time, now, would it?" Arthur sits down as he starts to remove his boots.

"I'm trying to protect you! She isn't what she seems," Morgana says as she steps closer to him.

"Why? What makes you say that?" Arthur asks as he gets up and places his sword on top of his dresser, and his boots on the floor next to it.

"I just have a feeling," Morgana says as she takes a couple of steps toward him. "It's difficult to describe." The dark haired woman looks down. "I had a dream—a nightmare."

She stares at the prince in shock as he starts to laugh, and says as he goes to his table, "You really are sweet, Morgana."

"Why are you laughing?!"

Arthur replies as he pours himself a drink of water, "You—Your bad feelings, bad dreams! You don't have to make this stuff up!" He sits down and adds, "You can tell me the truth: it's obvious you like me."

Arthur drinks from his goblet as she says in a tone of distaste, "Less and less by the second!"

"Alright. Whatever you say," He says.

"What about Ari?"

Arthur pauses with his goblet to his lips, flicking his blue eyes up to her. "What about her?"

"I can't possibly imagine what she's going through right now; what with the arranged marriage approaching, and now, it seems as though you've fallen in love with Sophia. Could you imagine what that must be making Ari feel right now?"

Arthur lowers the goblet as he sighs. He says, "She doesn't want this arranged marriage anymore than I do. So I'm sure she doesn't mind if I spend time with Sophia. Besides, I don't love Ari. She's more like a sister to me."

"You're intolerable. I feel sorry for Ari that she has to spend the rest of her life with you. I just hope I'm wrong about her," Morgana says before she turns on her heel and leaves Arthur's chambers.

Ariella's P. O. V:

The next morning, I wear a light blue sleeveless dress with beads attached to the waist as I walk down the corridor, a book open in my hand.