Chapter 9, Part 3

Ariella's P. O. V:

It was nerve-wracking while waiting for Morgana to come back from her talk with Uther after having been caught trying to help the boy escape by Arthur and some of his knights. Merlin has been waiting with me in her chambers all morning.

"Don't worry, Ari. Everything will be okay. Morgana will be back soon," Merlin tries to assure me, as he squeezes my hand comfortingly, running his thumb over my knuckles, making my skin tingle a little.

"You really think so?" I murmur, looking up at him. I was just so worried for my sister.

"It will be," Merlin says softly, giving my hand another squeeze. I look away with a faint blush.

The door suddenly opens and we jerk our heads up to see Morgana rushing in, her eyes red-rimmed and puffy from crying. I had to take a double glance to check if that red handprint around her neck wasn't part of my imagination.

I blink a couple of times. It wasn't. That nasty mark was still there.

"Oh, gods! Morgana! Are you okay?!" I ask worriedly as I rush over to her and place my hands gently on her shoulders.

"I'll be fine, Ari. I promised him I wouldn't let anything bad happen to him," She says meekly, letting me lead her further into the room.

Merlin says, "You can't blame yourself. You've tried your best."

"It's not enough."

I step back as Merlin looks up and tells her, "He's in jail, now. There's nothing more we can do."

"I will not let him die!" The dark haired woman declares as she stalks toward Merlin, her eyes burning like green fire. "Can I count on your help?" Merlin and I nod, and so does she. Morgana then asks me, "And, Ari, you'll talk to Arthur."

"Why me? I can't talk to him right now! Not after what happened last night," I protest when she turns her head to me.

"Please, Ariella! You're Arthur's fiancée! He may seem like he doesn't care for you, but I know you're more like a little sister to him, so he'll listen to you."

I open my mouth to protest further, but the pleading look on Morgana's face stops me. I groan in exaggeration before I nod my head and say, "Fine! I'll do it. But only because you asked!"

"Thank you, Ari!" Morgana smiles at me and walks away.

Sometime after that, I was waiting in a chair in Arthur's chambers for him to return. I look up when the door suddenly opens, and the prince himself enters.

 I look up when the door suddenly opens, and the prince himself enters

"Make yourself at home," He says before taking off his trench coat.

"You can't let your father execute the boy," I say, causing his head to whip upward at me, blue eyes narrowing.