Chapter 29, Part 2

Songs used:

All Is Found by Evan Rachel Wood from Disney's Frozen 2

Ariella's P. O. V:

As we walk out of the forest and return to Camelot, Arthur was asking Merlin and I how he was able to survive the arrow.

"I don't understand. You two said I had an arrow in my back. How come all I can feel is a slight bruise?" Arthur questions, a hand pressed to his back to feel for the healing wound.

Merlin and I say in unison, "Don't know." It's not like we could tell him we'd received help from a sorcerer...

"Merlin, Ari." We look back at Arthur behind us. "Did something happen you two aren't telling me about?"

Merlin responds, "No." We look ahead of us as we resume walking. I get the feeling he's still shaken up and thinking about those visions...

"Come on! I'm missing yours and Ari's usual prattle."

Merlin utters, "You're certainly making up for it." I smirk as Arthur's eyes widen.

"You still didn't answer the question," Says Arthur.

"The didn't pierce your armor, and when you fell, you knocked yourself out," Merlin says vaguely.

"Alright," Arthur sighs. "I don't normally say things like this, but... you and Ari did a good job back there." Neither Merlin nor I respond, nor did we glance at him. "Did you here what I said? Alright, maybe I should give you two some kind of reward. What do you want?"

"Some peace and quiet," Merlin says, walking ahead of me, still not looking at the Prince.

Looking exasperated, Arthur demands of me, "What is wrong with him? Something must've happened when I lost consciousness."

I give the Prince a teasing smirk as I say, "Do you really want to know?"

As if getting what I'm about to tell him, Arthur's eyes flare wide as he waves his hands back and forth, and says, "On second thoughts.... no! But, surely you want something, Ari?"

"Chocolate...?" I ask, rather than say. After those visions I saw of Morgana trying to kill the king, I've suddenly started to get a craving for sugar....

Arthur grins back at me as he says, "Consider it done! I'll have them delivered first thing tomorrow morning."

I nod and quickly catch up with my husband. I gaze up at him, seeing his face impassive, slightly pale. Feeling concerned, I slide my arm over his shoulders. To my surprise, Merlin didn't shake me off, but instead puts his arm around my waist in return, hugging me against his side tightly.

"Merlin? Are you alright? You've been silent ever since we left the Crystal Cave," I think worriedly, gazing up at his face. I could feel Arthur frowning at us, probably wondering why we're staring at each other like this.

"I'm fine, Fireheart. I'm just... thinking about what we saw. That's all," Merlin responds, meeting my gaze.

Arthur states, "You know, with the way you two stare at each other, people ought to think you're having a conversation only you two could understand and hear."

I smirk back at him as I reply mysteriously, "Who knows, Princeling? Maybe we do."

Arthur scowls as we look ahead again and continue on to home, the three of us falling silent.

In the council chambers of the castle, I stand beside Merlin and Naomi, Mira in my arms as Arthur gives his report to Uther.

"The bandits probably have a stronghold somewhere in the White Mountains. How we escaped... I'll never know. Although, some credit must go to my servant, Merlin, and his wife, Princess Ariella," Arthur adds with a wave of his hand at us. This causes Gwen to pat Merlin's arm once in congratulations and send me a grin, Naomi, on my other side, briefly squeezing my shoulder, also grinning at me, as Uther nods his head. I smile back at the redhead.