Chapter 30, Part 1

Pic is of Princess Elena—->

Ariella's P. O. V:

I look out the window to my shared chambers, Luna in my arms as Mira is napping, when I hear the sound of horses whinnying. Naomi is tidying up my desk where I was reading this morning, and I go to open the window to peer out of it.

I gasp happily upon seeing a familiar black Friesian stallion and palomino mare with a white star on her forehead trot into the courtyard, a few guards, including Ryder on his own Altar Real bay gelding, Rowan, with them.

"My Lady? What is it? Naomi asks, coming over.

"Eric's here! And Katherine! And Ryder! And Simon!" I tell her excitedly. As though having heard me, said people look up and wave once they see us at the window.

We wave back as Naomi asks, "I wonder why they could be here...?"

"Who knows?! Let's go find out!" I reply as I set my cat on the bed. I decide to leave Mira here because she is napping, and I don't want to disturb her.

I then race out of my chambers, ignoring Gaius when he calls, "Ari? What's all the excitement about?!"

I was already out the door and racing for the courtyard. The second I get there, Eric and the others had pulled up their mounts before the steps and Eric was just helping Katherine off her mare when I reach them, my pink off the shoulder dress billowing behind me.

Eric turns as he throws out his arms and catches me in a hug once I throw myself on him, spinning us around. "I don't believe it! You're here!" I exclaim as Eric laughs, releasing me, and I go to hug Katherine. I then hug Zephyr, and Simon, before I pull back and grin at them, barely able to contain my excitement.

"Where's my hug?" Ryder pouts as he approaches me.

I give him a teasing smirk before I hug him as well. I ask in a confused tone, "Why are you here?"

Eric and Katherine exchange knowing looks as Eric says, looking back at me, "Uuummm, Uther made us swear not to tell us or he'll have us hanged for it, but we promise you'll find out tomorrow."

"What can't you tell me?! Come on! Tell me, Eric!" I try to convince him, but he shakes his head.

"Nope! My lips are sealed!" I pout at my brother as Naomi reaches us. She hugs everyone before Eric asks, "Where is my niece?"

I reply, "She's napping at the moment."

Katherine tells me, grinning, "Oh, and Phillip sends his regards once he learned that we were coming to visit, as well as his challenge to another horse race the next time he sees you. He couldn't come as he's busy in Sterling."

"Well, you can tell Prince Charming that I'll gladly take him up on his challenge next time! And, to tell him I said hi, as well

"Well, you can tell Prince Charming that I'll gladly take him up on his challenge next time! And, to tell him I said hi, as well. Mira does too."