Chapter 28, Part 3

Ariella's P. O. V:

The next morning, after getting dressed in a long sleeved off the shoulder black dress and changing Mira into a light green dress, we eat breakfast and then go for a walk through the corridors.

I find my husband and Gwaine polishing the entire army's boots in the throne room. Gaping, I ask as I approach, "How did you two get stuck with this job?!" This gains both their attention.

 Gaping, I ask as I approach, "How did you two get stuck with this job?!" This gains both their attention

"You can thank Gwaine here for that, Ari. He did put all the money for the food and drink on Arthur's tab, and so, Arthur decided to punish us by making us polish all the army's boots," Merlin answers, gesturing with the brush to the boots, lined up neatly before them. "I told him I'd pay for it."

I face palm as I groan, "Oh, honestly, Gwaine!" Mira reaches out to the brunette, her blue eyes lighting up at the sight of him. Merlin and Gwaine raise an eyebrow at this. I set Mira on the step beside Gwaine and we watch as she crawls over to him, then rests her hands on his leg, looking up at the brunette with a wide grin.

"It looks like you've got a fan, Gwaine," Merlin laughs.

"She's been like that around you since she met you yesterday," I say, smiling at them.

Gwaine inclines his head as he says, "Well, I'm honoured, Little Princess. Especially when my name was your first word." Mira just couldn't stop smiling at him.

"How come I wasn't her first word?" Merlin pouts.

Gwaine glances at him as he says, shrugging, "Just unlucky, I guess." Merlin scowls at him. Gwaine asks me curiously, "So, how did the two of you get married? I thought arranged marriages were binding?"

"How did you know I was engaged to Arthur...?" I ask in surprise.

"Everyone knew."

I pick Mira up as I say, "Merlin can tell you that story. It's a long one. I have to get ready for training soon." Merlin holds up his hand in a wave as I spare them a smile, before I turn and leave with Mira.

I sit on a bench and watch as Arthur hits an armoured dummy with his long sword, getting ready for the Mêlée, having changed into more suitable clothing.