Chapter 45, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

I was with my white Friesian stallion, stroking his silky mane and giving him kisses on his soft nose, Merlin and the knights as we're on a hunting trip, wearing my white winter fur lined dress with my hair in a braid, when an annoyed Elyan demands to know, "Alright! Who drank all my water?"

I look up when he holds up his empty water skin. It was then that Gwaine lets out a burp.

I say with a soft chuckle, "I believe you have your answer."

Gwaine reminds him, "You said I could have some!"

"I said you could have some," Elyan corrects him. "I didn't say you could drink every last drop!" Here, he chucks his empty water skin at Gwaine who catches it.

"I was thirsty!"

"Here, have some of mine," Leon offers, making Elyan appear grateful. Just when Leon was about to throw it to him, however, he swings it over his head to Percival at the last second, chuckling.

Elyan chuckles sarcastically as he mutters, "Haha! That's very funny!"

Stepping up to him, Percival says, holding out his own water skin, "Here! Unlike these ignorant fools, I share with my friends!" As do I, but I didn't bother saying aloud; they already knew that anyway.

Instead of throwing it at Elyan, Percival chucks it at my husband as he walks past, making everyone laugh. Even Arthur and I were grinning, the both of us screwing the kids back on our own water skins.

My grin fades a little as I catch sight of something colourful flapping gently through the trees

The knights continue to laugh until the Pendragon lets out a sharp, "Ssshh!" Falling silent, everyone follows his gaze. It seems as though Arthur's spotted the cloths as well.

Merlin asks as I exchange glances with Arthur and we unsheath our swords, "What is it?"

Arthur says as we reach them, "I saw something in the trees. Over there."