Chapter 11, Part 3

Merlin's P. O. V:

I return to my home and hang up my jacket on the peg next to the door, seeing my mother sitting on a the bench before the fire, chin in her hands.

She looks up when she sees me, and murmurs, parting the spot on her right, "Come here." I go over and sit next to her. My mother gently strokes my left cheek with the back of her fingers as she whispers, "I do love you, my boy."

"What's wrong?" I ask softly, as she rests her hand on my cheek.

Mother shakes her head slightly as she drops her hand and sighs, regret in her voice, "I should never have gone to Camelot. I've ruined everything for you."

"You haven't. Why would you say that?"

She meets my gaze, a knowing look in hers, and says, "I know what you and Ari are planning to do."

I sigh as I avert my eyes. She must've overheard Ari and I talking to Eric and Arthur earlier. I say as I look back at my mother, my mind made up, "If it comes to a choice between saving people's lives and revealing who we really are..." I shrug my shoulders helplessly. "... there is no choice."

I just know that Ari feels the exact same way.

I've come to notice that, ever since I'd told mother that I love Ari, and she's seen the way I am around her, mother has started treating Ari as though she were her very own daughter.

And it makes me happy to see hat they get along like such. I knew my mother would love Ari the moment they met.

Mother tells me seriously, "You can't let Arthur know about your gift—especially Ari's!"

"Why not?" I demand to know. "Maybe it's meant to be this way? And if he doesn't accept me and Ari for who we really are... then he's not the friend we hoped he was."

Ariella's P. O. V:

The next morning, I finish eating breakfast, and this time, Eric willingly eats his, especially knowing he'll need the strength for the coming battle. Afterwards, we both put our armor on.

We keep a close eye out on Kanen and his men. When we learn that they've crossed the river, I volunteered to inform Arthur.

Upon reaching Merlin's house, I duck my head into the open doorway, to see both men in their armor, and Merlin looking like was about to say something. I say as he flicks his eyes to me and Arthur turns toward me, "Arthur, they've crossed the river."

Hearing this information, the prince leaves, but I spare Merlin a glance. "Are you alright?" I ask mentally.

"Yeah. You go. I'll catch up," He responds.

I nod once before I follow Arthur out.

"You ready?" Arthur asks a village man. He nods. He then goes pats two others on the shoulder, before grasps another's arm. "For Ealdor!" When Arthur reaches Gwen, he grasps her arm and asks, "Are you frightened?"

"Not in the slightest," She answers in an unwavering voice.

Arthur grasps my own arm as he locks eyes with me, and tells me, "I know you're more than capable, but promise me you'll be careful?"

I smirk as I reply seriously, "You don't have to worry about me, Princeling!"

He smirks back slightly before grasping Eric's arm too. "It's an honour to fight alongside you, Eric."

"Likewise, Your Highness," My brother responds.

Morgana wasn't here; she was currently at her position, waiting for the signal.