Chapter 60, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

After helping Merlin onto his horse and mounting Black Beauty, we ride at lightning speed for Camlamn, urging our horses to go faster, the forest around us a dark blur.

"Hang on, babies! We're coming!" I tell Mira and Jason telepathically.

"Mummy! So you and daddy have your magic back?! And you're coming?!"

"Indeed we are. But you mustn't tell anyone, understand?"

"Yes, mother!!" She and Jason chime together, sounding immensely relieved. I meet Merlin's gaze to see he'd heard it, too.

Beauty and Merlin's horse whinny shrilly as we continue to race through the night, our silvery hair flowing out behind us.

"Mummy! Daddy! A Saxon is fighting a knight in the infirmary tent!" I nearly fall off at the sound of my daughter's voice in my head.

"Wait—WHAT?!" I exclaim mentally.

"He's about to kill the knight, but now Aunty Gwen has stabbed him from behind!" Jason explains.

Gwen was there?! I guess I should've known, considering her husband.

"Aunty Gwen is so cool!" Mira and Jason say together.

We keep galloping with no pause or rest, needing to get to our King and friends. After another hour or two, we finally ride out onto a desert plain and tie the horses up near the gorge.

Merlin and I rush to the edge of the cliff to see nothing but chaos, swords and other weapons clashing.

Just when a group of Saxons was about to attack the Pendragon, light flashes as we raise our hands and throw them back with our Telekinesis Magic, my and Merlin's faces stoic

Another two groups of Saxons were about to attack Arthur from behind, but while Merlin raises his staff to blast lightning from it, I flick my wrist and make large spikes of rose quartz crystal rise up from the earth beneath the Saxons, impaling them where they stand.

Arthur whirls around and stares up at me and Merlin, disbelief lighting his features as he gapes up at us. Merlin and I gaze back as Arthur seems to take a double look, as though to make sure he wasn't seeing the Princess of Domino with the old sorcerer.

Hmmm... perhaps maybe I should've worn a wig? Or a mask over my eyes like the ones worn in masquerade balls...?

Arthur didn't seem to recognise me straight away, however, as confusion glints in his sky blue orbs.

Merlin raises his staff to blast more Saxons back with lightning and telekinesis, while I create extremely sharp blades of wind that slice through the enemy.

"CORDELIA!!! EMRYS!!!!" Morgana screams like a freaking banshee, her cry of rage and hate reaching across the battlefield.