Chapter 10, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

Eric and I stand beside Morgana in the throne room that night, Eric wearing his knight uniform with the purple cloak of Domino, and me wearing my sleeveless red dress. I'm also wearing a headpiece similar to Morgana's white one, only gold with small flowers carved around it, with small red rubies inside them.

It was Arthur's coming of age crowned prince ceremony

It was Arthur's coming of age crowned prince ceremony. Eric is due to have his very soon, as he's the same age as Arthur, being 21 years, his birthday February 15; and I'm a year younger, my birthday being on December 1st.

Standing before his kneeling son, Uther begins, "Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its dominions, according to the statues, laws and customs laid down by your forebears?"

"I do, Sire," Arthur answers unwaveringly.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgements?"

"I do, Sire."

Holding the small staff with a red jewel embedded at the end horizontally in front of Arthur, Uther asks, "And do you swear allegiance to Camelot now, and for as long as you shall live?"

Gripping the staff, the blonde male says, "I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service, and to the protection of the kingdom and its peoples." I flick my gaze to Merlin during this response, and notice he has a goofy smile on his face as he watches the young Pendragon.

Merlin wouldn't willingly admit to it, but I know he's proud of Arthur right now, just like I am.

I return my attention to Uther as he turns toward a servant holding a cushion with a gold crown encircled with silver gems, smaller than his own, on it. With pride filling his voice, Uther steps back to his son and declares, placing the crown gently atop his head, "Now, being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be crowned Prince of Camelot!"

We all burst into applause as Uther takes a couple of steps back and Arthur rises to his feet. I think I was clapping the loudest for my friend while basically jumping up and down with excitement.

I was just so proud of him! I can't believe Arthur is now Crowned Prince of Camelot!

Arthur turns around and smiles at the court.

After I watch Gwen say something to Merlin, I think to him mentally, smiling widely, "I know you're proud of Crowned Princeling. It must be a great honour."

"Oh, yeah! It'll be an even bigger honour to wash the socks of the Crowned Prince of Camelot! Just as I've told Gwen, those socks are very clean! Of course I'm proud!" I had to bite my bottom lip hard enough to keep from bursting into giggles at Merlin's sarcastic reply. "What about you? How does it feel to be the fiancée of the Crowned Prince? Gwen was just talking about that. She even says she'll be proud to be the maid of the wife of the Crowned Prince, especially after you've had your coronation."