Chapter 7, Part 2

Third Person's P. O. V:

Arthur tells Merlin as he makes up the bed, "I'm taking Sophia out for a ride today. You know, show her around."

"Where do I come into this?"

"Well, I'm supposed to be on patrol with the guard and my father this morning, So I need you to cover for me."

"What? And lie to the king?" Merlin asks as he looks up at Arthur in shock. "No-no way! No, he'll see right through me! He'll have me in the stocks quicker than you can say "rotten tomatoes.""

"Merlin," Arthur interrupts. He releases a sigh. "I need you to do this for me."

Merlin tells him, "I am a terrible liar! I-I start sweating, m-my vision blurs, my brain stops working!"

"Oh, well, no change there, then," Arthur says, causing Merlin to blink his eyes at him. "Look, I promised Sophia I'll take her out, and if I don't show up, it'll blow my chances." He steps closer to Merlin.

Merlin asks, "You like her, then?"

"Yeah! What's not to like? I wanna spend some more time with her, but I need to get my father off my back. I can't order you to lie to the king, but... you'll be a friend for life if you do."

"What about Ari?" Merlin asks

"What about Ari?" Merlin asks. At the princes' questioning gaze, he adds, "Aren't you supposed to be marrying her?"

"I'm allowed to like another girl, aren't I? And, besides, it's not like I'm actually falling in love with Sophia," Arthur says.

Merlin sighs as he says, "Oh, go on, then! You don't want to keep her waiting."

Arthur says as he pats Merlin on the shoulder roughly, "Thanks, Merlin! I won't forget it!" Arthur then leaves the room to go take Sophia out for the tour.

Ariella's P. O. V:

I visit Morgana in her chambers. She tells me and Gwen about these strange visions she got of Sophia killing Arthur, and I became concerned for him as we watch him ride out with Sophia.

"Are you sure that's her?" I ask.

"I can never forget that face," Morgana responds seriously.

Gwen tells her, "You should speak to the king."

"And tell him what? That I can see the future?" Morgana retorts as she glances back at us.

"If you think Arthur's life is in danger—"

"You know how he'd react," Morgana cuts in.

I say firmly, "Your his ward! He wouldn't harm you!"

"He hates magic more than he cares for me," Says Morgana.

"That's not true," I say, shaking my head.

Morgana asks, "Care to put it to the test?"

Gwen and I exchange glances as she asks, "But what else can you do?"

The dark haired woman answers determinedly, "I'm going to have to have to try to stop her myself!"

Gwen and I both nod in agreement. I say, "I'll help you."

"You're not upset that he's in love with her?" Morgana asks, making me scoff.

"No! But that doesn't mean I'm just going to let him die. He's still my friend, after all." Gwen smiles at me as Morgana and I look back at the window.

Later that day, I was about to head downstairs while reading a book. As I was reading, I fail to notice someone was heading towards me. I hit the wall of flesh and hear a girl cry out as they stagger backward a little.

"Watch where you're going!" A girl snaps as I quickly jerk my head up.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" I apologise in a rushed tone. But then I pause and blink my eyes at the familiar auburn haired girl standing in front of me. I smile as I say, "You're Sophia, right?"

The girl smiles once she recognises me. "That's right. And you're the princess of Domino who is to marry the prince. I must say, you were incredible with the sword yesterday."

"It's an arranged marriage. And thank you," I say. I catch the look of hidden intent in her eyes just before it disappears. "I heard that you have my fiancée wrapped around your little finger. He seems to have fallen in love with you. I know that there's something not right with you. If you hurt Arthur in anyway, shape or form, Sophia Tir Mor, I swear I will not let you rest for as long as you shall live, and I will make the rest of your days a living hell. Do I make myself clear?" My voice turns dangerously low toward the end as I give the auburn haired girl a smile that would usually scare anyone else off. Weariness flickers across her eyes at my promise.

"You don't seem too happy about this arranged marriage, Your Highness. Wouldn't you have been happy that Arthur chose me instead of you?" Sophia asks with a fake smile.

I clench my jaw as my hand tightened around my book. I tell her, "I may not want the wedding, but that doesn't mean that I'll just stand by and let you get away with hurting him."

"Well, it seems as though Arthur doesn't want you. He wants me! If I were you, Your Highness, I would stay out of our way!" Sophia's eyes flash red,  as her voice rises in anger, and I gasp at the sight. It disappears after a second.

"Just stay away from Arthur. And you will live." I flick my eyebrows up at her warningly after getting over my initial shock, before I resume reading as I stalk past Sophia.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Aulfric states as Sophia storms into their chambers, right next door to Princess Ariella's, "You've not been gone for as long as I've expected."

"We were interrupted," Sophie answers.

"What happened?"

"I was nearly killed," She says. "For a moment, I felt what it would be like to die a mortal death." Aulfric turns and goes over to his daughter. "He saved me!" Sophia glares as she looks at her father. "Someone so weak, so feeble saved me! I can't bear to be like this a moment longer!"

Setting the papers down, Aulfric tells her in a whisper, "You won't have to. Once his heart is yours, the Gates of Avalon will open once again for us, and we can regain our true form."

"I need a little more time," Sophia says.

"You must hurry! The physician can see us for what we truly are," Aulfric says.

"And he's not alone. The Lady Morgana. She fears her powers, but that will not keep her quiet for long. And, the Princess Ariella, as well. She suspects us."

Aulfric says seriously, "Tomorrow, we have to finish the enchantment. Otherwise, our chance to rid us of these mortal shells will be lost forever."