Chapter 31, Part 2

Songs used:

Believe by April Rose from Barbie and the Diamond Castle

Ariella's P. O. V:

Gwaine says as we pause before a forest with the sun setting over the horizon, setting the sky on fire, "This is it. On the other side of the forest lie The Perilous Lands."

Merlin mutters, "They don't look too friendly..."

Gwaine tells us, "That's because it's not. Believe me, it's wretched."

I ask, gazing at the valley below, "How do you know? You've never been there."

"I've traveled to many places, Ariella," Gwaine replies seriously.

"Not The Perilous Lands, I know that."

"Why?"

"It doesn't have any taverns," I say, making the three of us chuckle.

"I told you, it was wretched," Gwaine says.

After we tie up the horses, Gwaine, Merlin and I sneak to the entrance, which is a small wooden bridge that has a small fire burning before it, and sacks of food around the place.

Gwaine tugs my arm and makes the gesture for us to cut off the enemy. I nod as he sneaks around the other side, while Merlin and I walk cautiously forward. My hand drifts to my dagger and I pull it out, gripping it at my side.

Merlin and I make to cross the bridge, only to see a man, no higher than my hip, turn toward us as he leans his arm on the railing. "So," He says, causing us to whip our heads up at him, "The Heart and Magic have arrived."

"

I ask, tilting my head as we approach, "What? I'm pretty sure my name is Ariella

I ask, tilting my head as we approach, "What? I'm pretty sure my name is Ariella..."

The short man says as he holds up his hands in peace and steps toward Merlin and I, "Yes, Prince Arthur said the same thing not too long ago. There is nothing to be afraid of! Your presences are essential if Arthur is to succeed on his quest."

Merlin demands, "How do you know of Arthur?"

I ask, "Who are you?"

"The Keeper of the Bridge!" He states. "I only wish to see the Fisher King's lands restored and prosperity reign again. Until your mission is complete, this cannot happen."