Chapter 13, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

While I was sleeping soundly, Luna curled up beside me, I suddenly wake up with a start. I gaze around my room, only to see that everything appears to be normal.

Thinking it must be nothing, I lie back down and try to go back to sleep, my arm wrapped loosely around Luna. However, moments later, I get that weird feeling again, making me gasp as I sit bolt upright.

It feels like something was calling to me...

Thinking I wouldn't go back to sleep anytime soon, I decide to go see Gaius for a sleeping draft, putting my pink cloak on as I leave my chambers.

I knock on the door to the Physician Chambers as I call softly, still looking half asleep with my messy hair, "Gaius, I'm sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering if—" I stop myself from finishing my sentence upon entering the Physician's Quarters and seeing Merlin standing in front of the stairs leading to his bed chambers, his own hair messy from sleep and wearing a long sleeved white shirt and brown pants.

Merlin looked like he was about to say something just before I'd barged in, his eyes snapping to me. Gaius whips his head in my direction, surprise glinting in his eyes. The old man is sitting at the work bench, writing something on paper.

"Your Grace! What are you doing out of bed?" He asks in surprise.

"Forgive me for barging in like this, but I couldn't go back to sleep when something woke me up. So, I thought I might come to ask for a sleeping draft, if that's not too much trouble?" I respond, shutting door as I step over to him and Merlin.

"You felt it, too?" Merlin asks in surprise, his eyes widening.

"You mean to say, you did?" I ask, making Merlin nod.

"You two can't sleep?" Gaius asks as he glances between us.

"Something woke us," Says Merlin.

"What?" Gaius questions.

Merlin and I lock eyes as I say, "We don't know. A feeling."

"What kind of feeling?" Gaius asks.

"Powerful magic here in Camelot," Merlin answers, just before the door is thrown open, and I whirl around to see Gwen run inside.

I ask, as Gaius gets up and Merlin comes over, "Gwen! What's wrong?"

"My father's been arrested!" She gasps.

"Arrested?! What for?" Merlin demands to know.

"The say he was making weapons for a sorcerer!" Gwen explains, disbelief in her voice. "They're charging him of treason!"

After I quickly get dressed in a sleeveless white dress, a matching coloured cape over my shoulders, we then go with Gwen to visit Tom in the dungeon, but Gaius, Merlin and I hang back to give them privacy.