Chapter 24, Part 2

Third Person's P. O. V:

Ariella walks in front of her father as he keeps both hands over her eyes, concealing what's in front of her from view, as he guides her to the palace steps. When they reach the top, he stops, and so does Ariella.

"Happy birthday, Ariella!" Oberon says happily as he removes his hands and she gasps as she lays her eyes on the beautiful white Friesian stallion, being held by Sir Wilhelm.

"Daddy, you're giving me Pegasus?!" Ariella exclaims as she goes up to the stallion and takes his velvet soft muzzle on her hands, while stroking his mane. "I can't believe you brought him with you!"

"There's no one else who could take better care of your mother's horse than you, sweetheart. And, besides, Pegasus will have missed you when you marry Prince Arthur."

Ariella's smile fades a little at that, but she forces it back on as she hugs her father. "Thank you so much, daddy!"

Oberon chuckles as he replies, "I'm glad you love your birthday present!"

"Of course I do!"

Sir Wilhelm smiles as he tells Ariella, "Happy birthday, Your Highness!"

"Thank you, Wilhelm!" She says gratefully, as Pegasus nudges Ariella's shoulder, as though saying hello.

"How would you like to race your father out to the river?" Oberon asks as they pull back.

"You know I've never beaten you before, daddy," Ariella tells him. "But okay! I'll just go get changed. Can Eric come too?!"

"Of course he can!" Oberon chuckles.

Ariella hugs him once more before she goes to ask Eric to join them, while Oberon requests some guards to tack up the horses. A few moments later, both sibling jog down the steps to find Aurelia, Hugo and Mercury tacked up and their father waiting by his horse.

(What Mercury looks like—->)

Ariella, Eric and Oberon mount their horses, and as the males were still settling in, the guard runs out of the way of their mare before Ariella kicks her into a full gallop. "Catch me if you can, slow pokes!!" She calls back over her shoulder, smirking when she sees the startled expressions on Oberon's and Eric's faces.