Chapter 39, Part 2

Songs used:

Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

Ariella's P. O. V:

War has been declared on Camelot in the form of Caerleon's Queen Annis, as is predicted it would

War has been declared on Camelot in the form of Caerleon's Queen Annis, as is predicted it would. They will reach us by sunrise, but Arthur intends to meet them on the land ridge.

Merlin and I are both worried for Arthur, and I've seen him earlier, before dinner, to let the King know I'm there for him should he need another royal, yet friend, to talk to. After that, I'd sent a letter to daddy, letting him know that our ally, King Caerleon is dead, killed by King Arthur. I'd also made sure to tell daddy not to take it out on Arthur, as he's already under so much pressure.

Right now, I'm in bed with my husband, naked beneath the sheets, his arms around me, fingers stroking my right side.

"I'm worried about Arthur," He murmurs.

"I am, too," I say.

"I feel as though he's pushing us away. He should know he isn't alone," Says Merlin.

I say, "We know that—so does he."

Merlin asks me, "Are you coming tomorrow?"

"I am. Mostly to act as Physician, but I'm coming with you."

Merlin says as he gently presses his fingers along my hip, making my skin tingle, "I don't want you to. It'll be dangerous. And one of us has to stay to look after Mira."

"She'll have Naomi, Yue, Gwen and Gaius. But I'm coming with you, and you can't make me stay—not this time," I say softly, stroking his cheek.

"You're so stubborn, but I guess that's why I fell in love with you," Merlin says, before he yanks me under the blankets with a surprised shriek, quickly followed by an explosion of giggles.

The next dawn, Merlin and I say a quick goodbye to Mira, before I wait by my white stallion for Arthur to arrive, wearing my armor once more.

Once Arthur has mounted Torrento, the rest of us mount our own horses, among us, foot soldiers, and we ride for the land ridge, to meet with Queen Annis and her army