Chapter 7, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

That morning, I'm sitting in my chambers, reading a book. I don't look up when I hear a knock on the door. I call, Come in!"

The door opens and Arthur asks as he enters, "I wanted to tell you that we're going hunting and to ask if you'd like to join us."

"And watch you take enjoyment out of killing the poor thing?" I ask as I raise my head. Then, I let out a sigh. "Fine. But only because one of you might get hurt and will need my medical expertise."

"You're coming?" Arthur asks. I nod. "Great. We leave in ten minutes."

"I'll get changed then, Princeling," I reply as I close the book and he leaves, shutting the door behind him. I don't really enjoy hunting; I just go in case either Merlin or Arthur got hurt and they need someone to heal them.

I get up to get changed into my riding gear, which is a black deep brown dress with black pants beneath it, and brown riding gloves. I tie my long hair in a braid.

I grab my sword and medical supplies before I head out to the horses

Merlin is just finishing packing the saddle bags when I walk down the steps and head for Aurelia. He looks up as I near him, and smiles at me.

"Good morning, Ari. Are you coming with us?"

"Good morning, Merlin! And, yes, I am. Though, I don't enjoy killing innocent animals—I just come in case someone needs me to heal them," I respond, seeing Arthur is already on his horse.

"Well, have fun, then," Eric says, having followed me out here.

"You're not coming, Eric?" Arthur asks.

"Maybe next time, but thank you for the offer. Think of it like a date!"

I shoot him a sharp glare as I snap, "Shut up, Eric!" He just chuckles at me.

Groaning in exaggeration, I whirl on my heel and head over to my horse. I feel Merlin watching me as I mount gracefully, and take up the reins. Once Merlin has mounted, I wave back to my brother as we canter out of Camelot.

🗡🗡🗡

I crouch low with a crossbow in hand, my sword strapped to my waist as Merlin, Arthur and I stalk silently through the forest. A couple of days have passed since the whole Edwin ordeal and I'm on a hunting trip with Arthur and Merlin. I don't really enjoy hunting; I just go in case Merlin or Arthur needs me to treat their wounds. I'm carrying an extra crossbow while Merlin carries the bait and Arthur's sword.

I continue to walk slow yet deliberately beside Arthur through the trees, crossbow ready. I think I hear a scream just now. It sounds like a woman.

I nearly jump when Merlin suddenly comes crashing through the trees and rams right into Arthur, causing him to jump and glare.

Merlin asks, "What is it?!"