CHAPTER ZERO

A young woman sitting on a rocking chair, rocks her child to sleep. She hums a small tune, singing a lullaby to her infant child. She sits by a window, the snow falling like rain. Such a beautiful time for a baby to be born. Especially one that resembles snow itself.

♫ Cultivate your hunger before you idealize,
Motivate your anger to make them all realize,
Climbing the mountain, never coming down,
Break into the contents, never falling down,

The woman hums a bit, rocking the chair by pushing her feet to increase the speed making it help put her infant to sleep.

My knee is still shaking like I was twelve
Sneaking out the classroom, by the back door,
A man railed at me twice though but I didn't care
Waiting is the worst thing, for people like me,

As she sings, she hears the door of her home open which probably meant that her husband finally came back home from his work. However, she didn't hear her eldest. It made her concerned. She'd have to ask her husband once their child is asleep.

♫ Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry 'cause your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end

Her husband can be heard calling her name but she ignores him, continuing to sing.

♫Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry 'cause your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end

Her husband comes into the room. There's snow all over his hair. He notices his wife singing so he goes straight into the bathroom.

♫You say dreams are dreams
I ain't gonna play the fool anymore
You say 'cause I still got my soul
♫Take your time baby your blood need slowin' down
Breach your soul to reach yourself before you gloom
Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing
Shadows of nothing

♫ Don't try to look so wise
Don't cry 'cause your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears

♫ 'Cause you will hate yourself in the end
Your still blind if you see a winding road
Cause there's always a straightway
To the point you see

♫Don't try to look so wise
Don't cry 'cause your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end

Song - Wind; Naruto Ending 1 by Akeboshi

By the time her husband gets out, she's done singing and her child is asleep. She too is a little drowsy but it isn't enough for her to fall asleep or go unconscious.

"Welcome home. How was today?" She asked with a gentle smile.

"Good. The kids have been getting better," He said taking a seat on their shared bed. He wasn't wearing his combat clothes. Instead, it was a dark blue half-sleeve shirt with black pants.

"And what of our son? Is he staying with them?" She asked. Her husband could tell that if he didn't tell her the truth, he would definitely be digging a grave for himself.

"He said that he wanted to stay with them. Something about extra training," Her husband said lying on the bed. "Sorry, should have asked you first,"

She giggled placing the infant in her crib.

"Don't worry. If you hadn't told me the truth, I would have frozen you," She said way too kindly.

Shivers crawled down her husband's spine as he let out an airy, forceful laugh. "Yeah well we wouldn't want that," He said as sweat dripped down from his face.

Discarding whatever his wife just said, he got up, pulled her from her forearm and into his lap. He chuckled as he heard her yelp. Then, he rested his chin on the top of her head. He could feel her blushing. No matter how many years passed, she was still always nervous. He wasn't complaining, it was really cute seeing her like that.

"W-We b-better go t-to sleep," She said stuttering from his action. Her husband smirk before gently laying them down. He still had her in his arms.

"Yeah, let's go," He said.

-&-

Even though it was nearing the middle of February, it still snowed heavily. Maybe because of the mixed emotions that the women felt. Those with strong magic often had the ability to affect the weather. Similar to the elves but not quite like them. For you see, she could only control the snow, not make it rain. Her arms carried a little infant, her own daughter. She was going to leave her. Why?

"I'm sorry, I don't want you being burdened the way you're supposed to be," She said out loud.

She made her way to a church. She stared at her child, tears streaming down her face as she placed her down in front of it.

She took off her snowflake pendant placing it on the side of her child. She closed her eyes, remembering her husband with her daughter. Then she remembered her son, who loved his little sister with everything.

BAM!

The woman turned her head to the sound of the noise. Her hands trembled as she got up.

"He's nearby. If he catches you, he'll kill you. But if I can just draw him away..." she crouched down and kissed her daughter's forehead. "I'm so sorry, baby, but I have to go now,"

Then, the woman ran away. The young baby opened her eyes. Silver eyes watched the mysterious yet beautiful silver-haired woman turn to leave.

"How upsetting...you must be upset. Feel free to cry," someone that could not be seen said.

"Waah~" The crying of the child could be heard. The doors of the church immediately open and the father there noticed her. He quickly picked her up as the snowfall became heavier - almost turning into a snowstorm. He brought her in attempting to calm her down.

Shortly after, the crying was replaced by laughter. The father noticed that the heavy snowfall has gradually become lighter as she stopped crying and began laughing.

I doubt that was a coincidence. The way the snow became as light as it did...

He shook his head and pulled down her blanket. He read the name and noticed the pendant and instrument that were lying next to her.

And on February eleventh, it marked the day of Yoshiko's adventure.