CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

JOINING WITH THE OTHERS, Yoshiko brought out her blue rose sword and got it ready to fight Fana. The said woman stood above them on her dragon, ready to attack.

"I hate you..." she said to the humans. "This time, we will destroy you!"

She charged at them. Everyone got into battle stance.

"Here she comes!" Finral shouted, stating the obvious.

"Get ready...!" Yuna said.

"! Everyone, GET DOWN!" Ryuko shouted upon noticing something.

Everyone listened to the captain and got out of Fana's range by flying up with their brooms and magic. The woman released a powerful and deadly spell.

[Fire Spirit Magic: Salamander's Breath]

A large fireball attacked the area they were previously in. The entire place was surrounded with flames.

"We just put out the flames," Yuna huffed.

"Wha?!" Finral asked. "Are you kidding me?!"

"What incredible power!" Vanessa said. Then, she turned to Rin. "Rin! Can't you counter the flame spirit's powers?!"

"I can, however, it's not that easy," the spirit sighed. "Yoshiko and I have been storing up our mana so I can reach my full potential, however, there hasn't been enough to do so,"

"How much longer will it take?" Finral asked them.

"About a year," Rin replied with a heavy sigh. "I've been storing mana ever since the day we got back from the dungeon but I've been out of my true form for too long so it's going to take a while..."

"It's fine! We just gotta find another way!" Vanessa shouted.

During that time, Asta had gotten close to Fana. He destroyed a part of Salamander's body before cutting the spirit in the chest, almost sending Fana off of it.

"Salamander..." Rin spoke, covering her mouth.

Salamander healed almost immediately and it didn't necessarily affect him.

"Asta's swords can cut mana itself," Ryuko said.

"Hot hot hot hot hot hot! Dude, that was scary! But man, that thing's awesome!" Asta said, trying to get the fire off him. "Still, that Vetto guy had more speed and better senses! At this point, we can take 'em!"

"Why do you hurt us?" Fana asked. Then, she turned to the dragons. "Why do you side with these humans after what they've done to you?"

"..." Asta and Yoshiko remained quiet.

I only side with Asta, Yuno and Aniki. No one else...

"All right! It's time we strike back!" Vanessa shouted, determinedly.

"Yeah!" Finral shouted back, not so determinedly.

"We aren't at full strength but we can take her on," Yuna said.

"Yeah! Let's put an end to these terrorist here and now!" Haruto added.