CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE MOMENT Yoshiko woke up again, Asta had just passed out. Yoshiko went up to him but she just realized he was asleep.

"What?! He's asleep?!" Magna asked.

Yoshiko laid down next to him and fell asleep too.

"Not you too! Wake up!" Magna yelled at her.

From underneath Asta's robe emerged an anti-magic bird who flew away, went into a church and got a fancy rock.

"Wow, they're really something!"

"They're just kids right?"

"Are they really peasants like us?"

"What that guy said... Is Yoshiko a hybrid?" Magna asked.

"...I don't know but the former captain of the Azure Deer was also a hybrid. His mother was a human and his father was a dragon. He... was really tormented by the nobles. They would throw empty bottles at him, call him names and even attempt to kill him. But he brushed them off like it was nothing," Noelle said sadly. "He would always help me with my magic and whenever I saw him, he would give me a bright smile,"

"Huh, he's a real man then," Magna said.

"But to the commoners, he was treated with great respect. They all cared about him. Whenever he was around, he made sure that it was only him who got hurt and no one else,"

The bird landed on Asta's head with the stone.

"What's that? A swallow?" A man asked.

But then the bird started pecking Asta on the head.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Wha... What's that?!" Asta asked waking up. He then noticed the bird. "Huh?! Aaaah! You're one of those anti-magic birds from the test event! You jerk did you come all this way to make fun of me?!"

Then Asta noticed the stone in its mouth. Yoshiko just woke up and rubbed her eyes. She noticed Asta and gave him a hug from behind. Then she looked at the bird and smelt honey from the stone and vanilla coming from the bird.

That stone is magic and that bird is... human?

"Judging from it all, I'd say the bird used forbidden magic,"

Forbidden magic?

"Power of the devils,"

HUH?!

"Huh? What's that rock?" Asta asked. Then he grabbed the rock and he and the bird started playing tug-a-war. "Hey, you! Isn't that the villager's rock?! Give it back you little..."

"If your bird wants the rock, you can have it. It was the chief protective charm. You're our saviours!" An old man said.

"Thank you so much!" They all said.

Asta was in shock for a moment before smiling.

Noelle was looking at the bird and found it very adorable. Yoshiko looked at her questioningly before deciding to fall asleep again.

-&-

By the time Yoshiko woke up, Heath woke up as well. She sat up looking at him straight in the eye.

"Hey, you awake, scumbag?" Magna asked. "I'm gonna rest up a bit more and as soon as my magic comes back, I'm taking you all in. You're going to pay for what you did for the rest of your lives, losers,"

Heath attempted to use his magic but the binding seal on him stopped his magic from working.

"The Magic Knights are going to make you talk. Who the heck you are. What the heck you wanted. Everything," Magna said.