CHAPTER TWO

MARCH HAD finally rolled around. The dandelions flew and the cold air began to turn warm. Hage village always had the coldest winters. It was due to Yoshiko. Her winter magic was so incredible that it created large amounts of snow and ice.

The grimoire tower master stood on a platform as all the fifteen-year-olds gathers around it. Grimoires of different colours and sizes were behind the priest. Her eyes closed as she felt the magic that each grimoire possessed.

"Welcome, young men and women. Each of you will begin walking down a new path starting today. I wish you faith, hope and love! I am the master of this tower of grimoires. We haven't had a Wizard King or Shadow Wizard King from this area yet..." The priest said. He had a magic item that amplified his voice.

"Wow, I'm a full-fledged mage starting today!"

"Hey look. It's those orphans from the church,"

"Heh. They look shabby,"

"Do they even need grimoires too?"

"But one of them is hot!"

"That girl is said to have two magical attributes! Is that even allowed?"

"...Nor have we had one achieve the greatness of joining the magic knights. I sincerely hope that someone among you will become the Wizard King or the Shadow Wizard King. I'm serious here!" He shouted.

That's impossible... Many thought.

"Now it's time for the award-winning of the grimoires!"

On cue, hundreds of grimoires came floating out of their shelves. Yoshiko watched as each one came to their owners. The grimoire chose its holder. Not the other way around. It took a while for Yoshiko's grimoire to come. But when it did, a sense of nostalgia came from it.

The grimoire's front was a simple baby blue colour with a large white snowflake in the center top. Surrounding it were tiny other snowflakes. The border of the grimoire was also in white with a curvy pattern. The back of it was purple. The surroundings were in a black wavy pattern. The spine was purple and some of the backsides were coming towards the front.

Suddenly, every single voice she heard suddenly stopped and the area once filled with people disappeared. But then, unfamiliar people took over where the people were once standing. And in front of Yoshiko was a girl her age with silver hair just like her.

The girl never turned her face towards Yoshiko so she couldn't see the eyes. Not only that, all of Yoshiko's enhanced abilities seemed to fade away so she couldn't tell by the scent or heartbeat. Yoshiko tried to move her legs but she couldn't. She was only able to move around her eyes.

Just like what happened earlier with her, grimoires came flying around. Many people had gotten theirs. But unlike her, they weren't clovers, they were spades. Everyone got one. But the girl in front of Yoshiko had yet to get one.

Yoshiko watched as the final grimoire slipped out of its shelve in a bright blue colour, and descended towards the girl. She quietly took it. And that's when Yoshiko realized; the grimoire's front was the same as her own front. But unlike hers, the grimoire's back was also the same.

"Hey... That grimoire... Isn't it... Blizzard?"

"That is!" "Seriously?! And _______ got it?! I'm not surprised!"

"That grimoire is legendary! It's said to never break down even if the owner dies, and when it chooses a new owner, the grimoire doesn't lose its previous spells!"

Yoshiko couldn't catch the name of the girl because when her name was said, she felt a ringing in her ears. She couldn't help but know the woman. She wanted to reach out, call her with the voice she had, ask her who she was, but she couldn't.