CHAPTER THRITY-EIGHT

LICHT FELL to the ground. Ryuko stared solemnly at him before he retreated his horns and fangs. The glow in his eyes disappeared.

"Woah! We're alive! Did we finally do it?!" Asta asked. Then he noticed Gauche and Ryuko. "But what...? Mister Gauche?!"

"I couldn't see it. But that light had speed. There's no way he could dodge that, right? Eat that, punk!" Gauche shouted.

Yami laughed and patted his head.

"Gauche, welcome back! And way to steal the glory!" Yami laughed.

"Captain! You picked me up on that day. It's all thanks to you," Gauche said.

"It is, huh? Then all the credits go towards me!" He said.

"Hey. I did most of the work," Ryuko said placing his blade back into the holster. He breathed out, bringing his hand to the top.

"You didn't do a thing at the end there, captain Yami!" Asta said reasoning with him.

"Shaddup. Don't get cocky just because you beat the scrawny dude, kid," Yami said grabbing his head.

"Now, now! Everyone worked hard!" Finral said, attempting to calm everyone down.

"Except for you," Gauche and Yami said together.

"Now wait a moment! This is all founded on my spatial magic, remember?!" He said.

Ryuko crouched to Yoshiko's level bringing her into a hug. He used his recovery magic to heal a little of her fever.

"It'll be alright, Imouto," he said.

The four Black Bull men stood before Licht.

"Looks like your biggest magic smarted a bit. I guess you had another natural enemy besides me and the mute brat. Well, shake it off," Yami said.

Licht looked at Gauche and then at the siblings. He stared at Yoshiko and Ryuko for a while. Memories of the past flooded his mind.

"Ne, ne! Onee-sama! Look! I got this!" A small girl, no older than eleven yelled happily running to the older woman.

"What'cha got there, ______?" The woman asked.

"A baby wyvern! Isn't it cute?" The girl asked holding it up.

"______ you can't just separate the baby from its family. Unless the family's gone then we'll just put her with her own breed,"

"Eh?! Onee-sama, you know it's a girl?!"

"Her heartbeat's a girl's,"

"Really?! I have a good nose and sight so I can't really tell..."

The woman patted her head.

"Don't worry. Now put it with her family, okay? You wouldn't want to be separated from me now, would you?"

"No!"

"______ and ______,"

"Licht, Lumiere. Been a while. Welcome to the Dragon's Nest. Oh? You brought Patri along too,"

"I apologise, I just wanted to see what your home was like," Patri said.

"Hey. No need to apologise. We're from a smaller race. We gotta strengthen our bonds just in case the humans tried to attack us," the woman grinned. "Whoops. Didn't mean to leave you out, Lumiere,"

"The way you said it is like you don't care,"

"Cause I don't,"

Lumiere and Licht sweat dropped while Patri just stared blankly.