CHAPTER FIFTY

WHEN YOSHIKO WOKE UP, she was lying on the couch of the area she and Yami were locked in. Her head spun but she managed to get up. The smell of blood still hadn't left her system which was the main reason behind her headache.

"You're awake!" The priest said looking over at her. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

Yoshiko shook her head. But the priest gave her some milk anyway. She thanked him before drinking it.

Suddenly, Yoshiko felt terrifying and onimous power. It reminded her a little of hers and Yami's dark magic but this one was worse.

The cup fell from her hands, the pieces shattering as she quickly stood up.

The priest noticed two things.

1) Her eyes turned golden with ice beginning to cover her fingers and toes.

And

2) She didn't seem to flinch from the glass being pierced in her feet.

Yami looked over at her, confused and shocked.

'That rise in mana... not even Crazy Lady could do that much...'

That's when Yami looked over to see Vetto growing another eye on his forehead.

"GAH!!" Yoshiko suddenly screamed and clutched her head as Vetto began to regrow his arm.

"What's going on?!"

"I don't know..."

"He grew an arm he lost?! There isn't magic like that!" Yami shouted.

"The best that even the most powerful recovery magic can do is close wounds! But he just...!"

"GET OUTTA THERE, NOELLE!" Yami shouted.

Noelle gripped her wand tightly as Vetto conjured up another spell. With such ominous and powerful magic, Vetto released a large red attack towards Noelle. It would have killed if it had not been for Asta who sliced it in half. The spell hit the wall and destroyed it completely.

"Kid...!" Yami said. Then he turned to Yoshiko who was clearly in pain. "Hey, brat... what's going on?"

Obviously, she couldn't reply. Her eyes were snapped open, her pupils shaking. Veins grew on her temples while she held her head tightly. The ice on her hand began to grow further, reaching her wrists. Blood started dripping out of her nose and ears. Despite all that, Yami did not see a single tear coming out of her eyes.

"What's going on?!" The priest asked looking over at her.

"Like I know. Hey, kid! Snap out of it!" Yami ordered gripping her shoulders.

Yoshiko couldn't think straight. The pain in her head was so much she could not hear anyone's voice, not Yami's, not Rin's, not even Asgorath's.

Asgorath couldn't take over her body. Their hopes of helping were close to none.

-&-

Meanwhile, in the main battle, Vetto had promised to show them despair.

Noelle was worried about Asta due to his wounds. However, Asta brushed it off by saying that Kahano had helped him little by little. Asta then patted Noelle's head, telling her she did a great job. He told her that he would handle the rest of it.

That's when Vetto used his mythical beast magic to get rid of the unconscious mages. Just as he was about to hit them, Vanessa came out of nowhere and used her magic to rescue them. She placed them behind Noelle and Asta, then binded Vetto. Vanessa complemented Asta for never giving up as it inspired her and everyone else.