CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

STANDING A FEW feet away from each other, Asta and Lardos stared each other down. Mars attempted to get up but as to no avail due to the massive injury on his back, mana depletion and lack of stamina.

"Asta..." he groaned before passing out on top of Fana.

"Mars!" Fana shouted, putting her hands on his back in order to use healing magic. "Recovery spell... I... can't cast anything?"

However, much to her surprise, she couldn't cast a single spell. Not only that, she couldn't feel any magic.

"Just hang on!!" Asta shouted, charging towards Lardos. "I'll flatten this guy!!"

"!! Hold it, hold up!! You're that guy, right?!" Lardos shouted as he backed away from Asta. "The anti-magic knight who's got no magic! And that girl coming towards us is the girl with two different attributes!"

"!" Asta stopped and looked to the side to see Yoshiko coming towards them.

"Yoshiko... you're injured," Asta said as he placed his hand on her back.

Yoshiko shook her head and glared at Lardos.

You hurt my brothers, sister and friends...

"Will you...kill him?"

I-

"Yoshiko! Don't! It's not like you!"

!! Why...

"Answer my question,"

"Asgorath, what do you think you're doing?"

"Getting this child's true feelings out,"

I won't kill him. I don't kill anyone.

"How interesting... there's not a hint of hesitation in your voice..."

"Mm, yeah, I feel your pain!" Lardos said, putting a hand on his chin. "I was born without a magic attribute myself! When I was a kid, everybody said I was bland and made fun of me,"

He's telling the truth...it's kinda strange.

"It is. After all, he's a fake man..."

A fake...

"Don't you hate fake people?"

I do but...

"Why won't you kill him?"

"Asgorath! Enough! You're torturing her mind!"

"Am I? Or am I just showing her what reality is?"

"Yoshiko knows first-hand what society really is. She knows. She doesn't need your input on it as well,"

"But listen... you're more in a void than I am," Lardos said to him.

"What was that, you jerk?!" Asta demanded with Yoshiko puffing out smoke.

"I feel kinda bad for you..." Lardos said.

"If you're gonna sympathise then gimme magic!" Asta complained which earned him a pinch to the cheek by Yoshiko. "Ow!"

"Hmph!" Yoshiko said.

"Sorry, Yoshiko," Asta said, patting her head. "You like me just the way I am, right?"

"Mh!" Yoshiko said.

"What are you trying to say?" Asta said with his hand still on Yoshiko's head.

"Want to team up?" Lardos asked, extending his hand. "You can be my right-hand man. We'll even put the girl in too, if you like her that much,"