CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED EIGHT

YOSHIKO PANTED WHILE she struggled to keep herself flying the air. She could feel a burning sensation on her back which was due to her wings. Everyone else seemed to be doing fine but Asta who was almost out like Yoshiko.

From the heart, the devil began to speak. Yoshiko didn't have the energy to make a disgusted face or to even think. Fortunately, Asgorath summoned himself and picked up Yoshiko as she continued to pant and struggle to stay conscious.

"The spell is still in effect. She needs to rest," he thought, looking down at her.

"Impossible. Impossible. Impossible," the devil said. "How could this... unbelievable... I'm..."

Before he could finish, the devil began to crumble away.

That devil... who was he? Yoshiko thought. Do devils even have names?

"I recall him... his name is Zagred, a high-ranking devil who uses word soul magic," Asgorath said.

Lumiere, Licht and Kazuya looked at the crumbling devil. Their eyes widened when they realized it.

"We won!"

'Hikari... you can rest in peace now...' Kazuya thought, clutching her kimono with her hand. 'It's over...'

Patri and Nero remembered the past. The struggles they had went through before all this.

"Thank you!" Nero said, eyes filled with tears.

"Yoshiko... how are you feeling?" Ryuko asked, appearing before her.

"Tired," replied the girl. Mentally and physically. I want nothing more than just to lay down in my bed and sleep...

Unfortunately, Yoshiko wasn't able to do that right now as the remains of Zagred's magic was still active. It continued to crawl around the area with the same effects.

"This is...!" Lumiere shouted.

'The devil's magic hasn't faded... it's still continuing to corrupt the space!' Licht thought. "The Shadow Palace is starting to collapse!"

'If I hadn't been destroying those creatures... I would have been able to help,' Ryuko thought. 'I can barely use my magic now...'

'We've gotta get out of here... but everyone's still...' Yuno thought.

"This is bad! My magic is still being transferred to the others but... this body is almost at its limit!" Lumiere shouted.

Yoshiko put her hand on Asgorath's shoulder.

"I can... help... I think..." she said.

"Your body won't be able to handle it. You overused your magic," Asgorath said.

"Still! ...Every...one... will die..." Yoshiko said.

"...I think they won't," Asgorath said.

Yoshiko got off of Asgorath. She went closer to Kazuya who was floating with wings of her and crossed her arms.

"What's up, wyrmling?" Kazuya asked.

"Nothing... just... wanted... to be... closer... to you," Yoshiko answered.

In truth, she wanted to stand next to her role model. Even though Kazuya didn't want to be the Shadow Wizard King, Yoshiko still looked up to her. Someone who stopped their friend from destruction... that was what Yoshiko looked up to. Not only that, in the legends, it was said that Kazuya protected humans despite the differences in race. She respected that.

"Sure. Just don't get hurt," Kazuya said.

Yoshiko gave her a closed-eyed smile and nodded.

Kazuya looked at Yoshiko. For a moment, the image of her younger sister, Hikari, overlapped Yoshiko's figure. Kazuya closed her eyes, trying to stop the comparison.