CHAPTER EIGHT

YOSHIKO FINISHED brushing her long hair and came downstairs for breakfast. Her eyes were a little droopy. Ever since she got her grimoire, she had been seeing constant dreams of the girl with silver hair and the boy with blue hair. Every time she saw a memory, she would wake up. Io was pretty much useless as he was asleep the entire time.

"Oi, girl. Stay up,"

I can't help is Mr. Io. I keep seeing those scenes and I keep waking up from them.

"Yeah well, at least get some sleep before your first mission,"

First mission?

"It's about time they give you one,"

Hm. Maybe you're right. I kinda want tatoes now...

"You're such a brat you know that?"

-&-

"So what do magic knights do anyway?" Asta asked.

"How did he become a magic knight in the first place...?"

By hard work!

"You're too dense for this world..."

"You're seriously asking that? You little..." Magna started then shaking Asta by the collar. "We protect the country, guard stuff. It's the manliest job in the world, you moron! Why'd you wanna join in the first place, huh?!"

"I'm sorry!!" Asta apologized.

"Yoshiko. If you're going to eat, eat with manners," Noelle scolded Yoshiko.

Yoshiko was eating tatoes with her bare hands. Crumps were all over her face as well.

She stopped eating and looked at Noelle. Noelle sighed grabbing a napkin and wiping her face.

"First of all, you're going to need to stab a part of your food with a fork and then use a knife to cut your food into proper pieces. Here, let me show you," Noelle said. She stabbed her fork into a part of her steak then used a used her knife to cut it. She held it up. "See? Now it's in bite-size,"

Yoshiko stabbed her tatoe with a fork and cut it with a knife. She too picked it up.

"There. Now was that so hard?" Noelle asked.

It takes too long!

"Yeah well, at least you look more decent,"

Who's side are you on?!

"The royal's side,"

"It's sort of like, you know, protecting the peace? I might meet a wonderful man on bodyguard duty,"

"It's a fun job that lets you fight enemies all the time! If they're a criminal, you can beat them an inch to death and no one will complain!"

"It's a wonderful occupation that my little sister respects more than anything. I can use the wages to buy her things she likes,"

"You get to eat a lot of food too!"

"Well long story short it's a really good job! We'll go on a mission together one of these days. I look forward to it,"

So everyone has different ideals about this job...

"Pretty much,"

Yoshiko suddenly felt exhausted and she fell asleep on Asta's shoulder.

"Did she not get enough sleep at night?" Vanessa asked.

"No, she's like this. Falling asleep at random moments," Asta said, gently patting her head.