CHAPTER THREE

YOSHIKO STOOD bound up, humming. Yuno just blankly stared at her childish form.

Not now, Yoshiko... We're in a middle of a crisis here...

Revchi picked up her grimoire and looked at it.

"This pattern... You must have the same magic as the Black Bulls captain. Yes, he too has dark magic," He said. "You would definitely sell for a good price. I couldn't imagine how much Diamond Kingdom researchers would pay to examine your body,"

"Hooooold i-i-i-i-it-t-t-t!!!" Asta yelled as he tumbled into the wall next to them. This caused Yoshiko to snap out of her childish behaviour and become more serious.

This! That's right I'm trapped!

"What do you think you're doing, you thief?!" Asta asked pointing accusingly at Revchi. His face was battered up with a bit of blood falling from his nose due to smashing face first in the wall.

"Asta!" Yuno said.

"Hm!" Yoshiko cheered.

We're saved! Asta's the best! (^ω^)

"Hmm? You're that boy... Ah, I remember. The sad, pathetic lad who wasn't even awarded a grimoire! Heh heh heh," Revchi laughed.

"How well-informed of you! But you're right! I'm the sad, pathetic boy!" Asta shouted at him, accepting what Revchi said. "A grimoire is a precious thing that belongs to its owner! Give it back to Yuno and Yoshiko you jerk!"

Revchi laughed. His face was covered by his hair and his hand was covering it as well.

"Heh heh heh. The outside world is a place where crooked deeds can be overlooked. But it looks like you'll be dead before you can see that, lad," Revchi threatened, now showing his face.

"Run, Asta!" Yuno shouted. Yoshiko threw him a look. Yuno's eyes widen to see her eyes filled with hope for Asta. Even though Asta was powerless, she knew he can beat him.

"I'm not going to run away from this disgraced jerk!" Asta shouted running towards Revchi.

Revchi activated a spell. "Heh heh. I may be reduced to a thief, but I used to be a magic knight,"

That's when he shot out chains around him towards Asta. "A mere boy is no match for me!" The chains wrapped around Asta but instead of staying in place like Yuno and Yoshiko did, Asta stomped his foot on the floor shocking Revchi a bit.

"I'm not done yet!" He declared.

But Revchi being the coward he was, flipped another page of his grimoire.

"No, you're finished!" He shouted.

[Chain Magic: Dance of the Pitless Viper]

Asta was hit in the chest and face as well some other areas but those were the main ones. He fell back and slumped on the wall.

Yoshiko tried her hardest to get out of the chains but to her failure, couldn't.

"Holding yourself back? You're pathetic," The same male voice had heard earlier spat.