CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

ASTA FOUND ASGORATH. He was sitting on a barrel, staring at the sky. Asta watched Asgorath silently. He noticed the tips of Yoshiko's hair were blue and her eyes were...sad.

No, but it was Asgorath who was said. Not Yoshiko. Yoshiko was asleep. Or, that's what Asgorath claimed.

"What is it, kid?" Asgorath asked, turning to Asta.

"I... Why did you take over Yoshiko's body?" Asta asked.

"Because she's asleep," Asgorath said.

"Why..."

"Speak," Asgorath said. "I like you. You're kind unlike other humans,"

"Why does Yoshiko fall asleep like that?" Asta asked.

"It's my fault," Asgorath admitted with his eyes closed.

"W-What?!"

"I'm the reason why she falls asleep like this," Asgorath said, looking at Yoshiko's palm. "Sometimes, my magic suddenly spikes which could cause her to...explode in a sense,"

"EXPLODE?!"

"Shut up and do not interrupt me," Asgorath spat coldly. "Anyway, because of that, her body automatically falls into rest which allows my magic to pass through her without problems. Such as right now; my magic suddenly spiked so she's asleep right now,"

"..." Asta kept his mouth shut for once.

"I'm done speaking," Asgorath said.

"So that's why!!" Asta shouted.

"Yes. I am Yoshiko's greatest strength and...her greatest weakness,"

"Hey, Asgorath, sir..." Asta started. "You...you..."

He trailed down. Asgorath narrowed his eyes at the boy.

"Speak. I won't judge you nor kill you. I've made a promise to the girl that I would never kill anyone in her body,"

"You seem sad," Asta said making Asgorath's eyes widen in shock. "Your eyes...they're similar to Yoshiko's whenever she's sad. It's kinda like you have the same eyes,"

"We do have the same eyes," Asgorath said, rolling his eyes.

"No! Not like that!" Asta said. "Different people have different expression when they're sad! Your expression and Yoshiko's are exactly the same!"

"I suppose...we do have many similarities..." Asgorath said, looking away from Asta.

"What kind of similarities do you have?" Asta asked.

"...That isn't any of your business,"

"C'mon! I'm not going to tell anyone!" Asta shouted.

"No,"

"Please?!"

"No. Absolutely not,"

"Please, please, please! I promise I'll keep it a secret! Even from Yoshiko!"

"He won't shut up...God, how does the girl handle him?"

"Fine," Asgorath said before looking away with a small blush.

"I suppose we both have...an extreme fondness for sweets,"

...

...

...

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH?!" Asta shouted as Asgorath said nothing.

"What's your favourite sweet?!" Asta asked him.