CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THREE

WHILE THE MERCURY spell began to disappear, Nozel used a small part of his magic to bind the unconscious Patri. Yoshiko looked down to see Rhya laid on the floor with a pool of blood underneath him.

Did the devil attack him?

"Most likely," Asgorath answered as his soul disappeared back into Yoshiko.

'Ah crap, this is looking bad for us... Patri, Licht, Kazuya, Hikari...' Rhya thought.

However, before he could pass away, Mimosa and Yoshiko both rushed to his side and began preforming a healing spell on him. He's surprised and looks at Mimosa.

"W-Why?" He asked her.

"I don't need a reason to save someone who looks like they're on the brink of death!" She answered. "It doesn't matter whether they're an enemy or someone from a completely different race!"

He suddenly remembered the human royal 500 years ago, Tetia. His eyes became half-lidded.

'Dammit, and in the end, human royalty, of all things come to save me,' he thought, completely ignoring the fact Yoshiko was also there. 'This is why I don't want to get involved in this... This feeling never changes, no matter what the era...'

Nozel brought Patri down to the ground near Yoshiko, Mimosa and Rhya. Asta and Yuno followed him to the floor.

Nozel then created a spear of mercury and pointed it at Patri's face. With a glare, he said,

"Now... Let's end this!"

Yoshiko and Asta were absolutely horrified. Yoshiko stopped healing Rhya and ran to Nozel in order to stop him. Yuno was much calmer than the two.

"Wha— Wait, wait, wait, wait hold up!" Asta yelled. "What made you decide you wanna do that?!"

Confused, Nozel turned back to them. Yoshiko grabbed the spear and froze it before throwing it to the ground. It shattered in a hundred pieces.

"What else did you expect to happen from these events?" Nozel asked them. "This person is the head of the Eye of the Midnight Sun and he kidnapped Yoshiko,"

"Erm, well... that's true but..." Asta said, at a lost for a proper explanation.

"Please wait," Yuno said to him. "His body's actually captain Vangence's...! I understand that now!"

'And why Yoshiko was so nervous around him,' Yuno thought as he recalled her expressions from being near William.

"Vangence? What do you mean? His face and his magic are different, right?" Nozel asked.

"This is similar to the relationship between Yoshiko and I," Asgorath said, summoning himself. "However, these two are able to switch bodies while the two of us share an attribute,"

"Yeah!" Yoshiko said beside him. 'Besides, I have to help him...'

"With this guy's power, we can probably bring captain Vangence back," Yuno said, pointing at Asta.

"Leave it to me!" Asta said, holding his sword up in the air.

"...? What are you saying? Do you have a death wish?" Nozel asked.

"Nozel, shut up and watch," Asgorath said.

"Do you really wanna kill 'im that much?!" Asta asked. "Anyway, please let me try this out!"

Nozel allowed him to do so. Asta approached Patri and poked Patri gently with his sword. From it, a large amount of anti-magic appeared, shocking Asgorath.