EXTRA FOUR

WHEN YOSHIKO WOKE UP, she realised she was not somewhere she knew. She wasn't in the Black Bulls nor the Golden Dawn. She was somewhere else entirely.

"So you're finally awake," A familiar voice said.

Yoshiko turned her head. The Shadow Wizard King leaned back on a desk with his arms crossed, staring at her. His face was a normal but for the slight worry he held in his eyes. Yoshiko didn't blame him, she was a dragon as well.

Yoshiko looked down and saw she was sleeping on a bed. She was confused but wasn't in the mood to think to hard about it.

Her face felt hot from her fever. She placed a hand on her forehead.

It's still there...

"Are you okay?" Hiruko asked, propping himself off the table.

I still have a fever. Yoshiko signed but her eyes widened when she realised that the man probably wouldn't understand her.

"Is your fever that bad?" Hiruko asked, raising an eye brow.

You know sign language?! Yoshiko signed quickly.

"Yeah. I learnt it when I was twenty or so," Hiruko said. "Never thought I'd use it but..."

Wow! You're the only person outside the church who knows sign language!

Hiruko let out a small smile. He walked towards her and put his hand on her forehead. Yoshiko closed both of her eyes as Hiruko kept his hand on her forehead.

"You're still sick. How much of Asgorath's power did you use?" Hiruko asked.

Yoshiko blinked. Then, she shrugged. She wasn't sure herself. Asgorath just took over her body and did whatever he could do to keep her and everyone else safe.

"How did you manage to withstand so much of Asgorath's power?" Hiruko asked but Yoshiko could tell he was talking to himself.

He placed his hand on Yoshiko's head, giving it a light ruffle. Yoshiko looked at him, blinking.

"Good job, kiddo," he smiled.

Yoshiko's eyes slightly widened when she heard those words. It wasn't everyday that your idol and role model praised you for your work.

For as long as Yoshiko could remember, the Shadow Wizard Kings and Queens had always been a sort of role model to Yoshiko. She would always ask Sister Lily or someone from the church to read her a story about the Shadow Wizard Kings. There weren't many, and many tied with the Wizard King, but the ones that were just about them, Yoshiko loved to hear.

She remembered sitting by the fireplace with Yuno, reading a book on the Shadow Wizard King one cold winter evening. Asta had to go to another village to deliver a letter to the mayor so it just left them alone. They had finished their dinner and Sister Lily was kind enough to make them hot coca with marshmallows. She remembered Yuno reading the book as Yoshiko leaned on his shoulder, looking at the pictures.

Yoshiko let out a toothy-grin. She also had a slight blush on her face from either her fever or her embarrassment. Either way, she was happy.

Then, she suddenly recalled something. Her eyes widened as she recalled that memory.

"What's wrong?" Hiruko asked.

Yoshiko signed. Can I ask you a questions?

"You already but, yeah, sure," Hiruko asked.

Are you my dad?

Hiruko blinked and then, his eyes widened. Yoshiko had a serious expression but he could tell that she nervous and hopeful. He didn't want to lie to her, not that he can, she was a dragon just like him.