CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"OKAY WELL, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!" Asta said to the citizens of the Underwater Temple.

The said boy had his arms wrapped in bandages with two bandages on his cheeks.

Next to him was Yoshiko who was wide awake. Her fever had vanished and her mana levels returned to normal. No one understood anything. Not even Ryuko could put two together.

Yoshiko sat on the bed. Next to it was Ryuko and Yami. The two exchanged glances as Yoshiko drank some water.

"Yoshiko," Ryuko called. "Do you remember anything of what happened?"

Yoshiko looked up before writing on her notebook.

Not a lot. I remember seeing dead people but I don't think they were humans. I think I saw the first Wizard King.

"You saw the first Wizard King?" Ryuko asked.

Yoshiko nodded.

"How is that possible?"

Ryuko shrugged.

"I wish I knew. Nothing is making sense. It's a little frustrating, to be honest," Ryuko said.

"You, a complete idiot, finds thing frustrating?" Yami asked.

Ryuko respectfully ignored him. He patted Yoshiko on the head.

"Don't worry about what you saw for now," he said with a smile. "Just focus on getting better, okay?"

Yoshiko nodded with a smile.

"Stop by again!" Gifso said enthusiastically. "When you do, we'll have a huge banquet!"

That sounds nice...

"Charmy, are those all the Eye of the Midnight Sun members you caught alright?" Vanessa asked.

"Hmm... They're screaming something." Charmy noticed. "It doesn't look like they can get out. They're probably fine,"

"Hey, isn't that some kind of killer-awesome binding magic?" Magna asked.

"Is it?" Charmy replied with a question of her own.

"Kiato, Kahano, don't give up on your dreams! There's gotta be some magic that fixes your leg and throat!" Asta said. "I'm going to work hard on getting my arms healed up too!!"

"Hm!" Yoshiko cheered.

"Hey, I'll even dance with this leg!" Kiato said showing the fake leg Gifso created with his magic.

Asta, Yoshiko, thank you! I won't give up either! Count on it!

And so, using Finral's spatial magic, they all left.

-&-

In the base, everybody was relaxing. Ryuko had left shortly after since he had to go back to his squad. Yami pointed out he wasn't a captain anymore and Ryuko retorted by saying he still was since Rill was too young.

"Haaaaaaaaaah! I'm wiped out!" Finral said, flopping on the couch.

"Thanks for all your hard work, everybody!" Asta shouted while not very seated on the couch.

"You're the one with the most injuries, Asta," Noelle deadpanned while properly seated on the couch.

"After a big job, booze taste better than usual!" Vanessa sighed while drinking some alcohol.

"The glory belongs to all the Black Bulls, doesn't it?!" Luck asked excited.

"Yeah, we may actually be pretty awesome!" Magna bragged slapping Grey's back.