CHAPTER FOURTEEN

THE CAPTAIN of the Golden Dawn was walking when he was approached by his subordinate, Alcedora Sandler. Alcedora stood behind him.

"Captain Vangence!" He called. "Why did you send that newbie peasant on such an important mission?!"

William stopped and turned around. "Do you trust me?"

Alcedora bowed down to him. "Of course sir! I, Alcedora Sandler, would die for you!"

"In that case, I trust him and I would like for you to do the same," William said, shocking Alcedora. "He is also a Golden Dawn member. No doubt he will continue to grow stronger for us,"

William turned around but he thought of something. "Alcedora,"

"Yes sir?"

"Do you know which Black Bull members were assigned to this mission?" He asked.

"From what I gathered, the new recruits have been assigned. Including that rumoured subhuman," Alcedora said.

"Why use such racial slang towards her? Would you use the same for my dear friend Ryuko? He too is a hybrid," William asked.

"O-Of course not! Captain Ryuko was the strongest Magic Knight captain everyone had seen in a long time! As much I detest to say this, he fought even better than you, sir," Alcedora said.

"Yoshiko, the girl's name is very similar to my former mentor, the woman I consider to be a mother figure. Insulting her would be insulting my lady. So please, do not insult her," William pleaded.

Alcedora's eyes widen. He knew that his captain had the strongest woman in the Clover Kingdom as his mentor but what he didn't know was that the same woman was a motherly figure towards him. But what shocked him more was that a mere girl like Yoshiko (whom he had barely known) meant a great deal to him.

"Very well, I will do my best," Alcedora said.

"Thank you, Alcedora,"

-&-

Meanwhile, Yoshiko was hugging Yuno and Yuno patted her head.

"Yuno, why did you save them?" A voice asked. "Our mission is to merely secure the items in this dungeon. In other words, we must reach the treasure hall at the center as quickly as possible. We don't have time to bother with them!"

"Haha. Jokes on you, this dungeon is mine,"

"Hey, Yuno! Who's the rude four-eyes?!" Asta asked.

"My senior," Yuno said.

"Four-eyes. You're the rude one! I'm a noble! Don't speak as if we are equal!" Klaus yelled.

"Sir, if you forgot, the captain asked to make sure that Yoshiko was okay. Don't you remember?" Yuno asked.

Klaus looked stunned before eyeing Yoshiko who was munching on tatoes.

That's the subhum- hybrid that Captain Vangence asked us to keep safe! I can't believe I forgot about that!

"My, my. If it isn't Noelle," A girl said. "Good day to you. I haven't seen you since the royal gala last year,"

Yoshiko could smell Noelle getting annoyed so she stood next to Noelle and showed her what she had written on the notebook.

'Should I drive her off?'

Noelle patted her head. "It's okay. I can deal with it myself,"

Yoshiko gave her a thumbs up. She then ran back to Yuno and Asta, hugging Asta this time.