CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

YOSHIKO AND EVERYONE finally reached the base. The first thing Yoshiko did was lie down on the couch and fall asleep within a minute of her return.

"Someone's tired," Vanessa said leaning over the couch.

"She was kidnapped by the terrorist and she had to escape. It's obvious that it wore her out," Noelle said.

"Seriously?" Vanessa asked. She gave a smile. "Well, I suppose everyone wants this cutie,"

Vanessa poked her cheek. Then she placed a blanket on her. A small, cute smile appeared on Yoshiko's face as she snuggled in the blanket.

"Whoo! That mission wiped me out!" Magna shouted entering the base.

"Could you guys not yell? Yoshiko's asleep," Vanessa told them.

"Huh? Sorry," Magna apologized. "But check this out! They recognized our deeds with a star! I'm going to keep right on showing the other Black Bulls how it's done!"

"That's right Magna! Let's sprint ahead with our combo move, Crackling Magna Typhoon!" Luck cheered.

"I'm never doing that move again!" He shouted remembering it.

"I said, stop screaming," Vanessa told them again.

"Welcome back! Magna, Luck!" Asta said.

"Hey, Asta! You're back too! Bet you had it rough. But for now on, the era's all mine," Magna said.

"They were impressed of what I did during the battle at the capital and they made me third-class junior magic knight at a special war services ceremony!" Asta told them.

"Say what?!"

"So uh, what's a third-class junior magic knight?" Magna asked.

"No clue," Luck said.

"You guys have been magic knights this whole time without knowing?" Yami asked. "It's a magic knight rank. And by the way, you guys haven't changed since you've joined up. You're still fifth-class junior magic knights,"

"Say what?!" Luck and Magna said at the same time.

"You guys better start treating Asta like he's your superior," Yami said. "And by the way, both Charmy and the mute brat are senior first-class magic knights,"

"On your knees inferiors," Charmy told them.

"What?!"

"Apparently they were impressed by the way she captured one of those rebels. And the brat told them about some of the members and showed them a high-ranking member," Yami said.

"Worship me," Charmy said doing some weird dance.

Yoshiko woke up and sat up. Her hair was messy and her eyes were droopy.

"Hey, you're up," Vanessa told her. "Good job getting such a high-rank. You're one of the fastest people to jump that far,"

"In any case, well done kids," Yami told them.

"But captain Fuegoleon got..." Asta muttered. Yoshiko also looked upset.

I got mad at him for no reason...

"Don't beat yourself up about it,"

"Hm? Fuegoleon? Who do you think you're worried about? That hot-blooded king of hardnoses won't die that easily. He'll just level up and come right back," Yami told them.

"Yeah, you're right!" Asta said and Yoshiko nodded. "Alright! We better train too, right Yoshiko?"

"Hm!" She smiled.