CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

"SOMEBODY KILL ME,"

A man laid on the roof in Kiten as a bunch of Diamond kingdom soldiers raided the Clover kingdom.

This was supposed to be a trip to the Clover kingdom, see his pregnant daughter, visit his niece who had went missing for 16 years and spend time with his younger brother.

How the hell did he end up in the middle of another national crisis?

"God, please spare me," he begged. "I've already got a crazy older sister and family. Please do not give me anything else to deal with,"

"Our spies reported that the country was having trouble with a terrorist group, the Eye of the Midnight Sun or some such, and that their defences were down. That seems to be the case," the man heard one of the generals say.

"Midnight Sun... cute name," he said.

"If we occupy Kiten, our army will have an instant advantage! I'm itching to get started!! Gah ha ha ha!" Another of the generals laughed.

"Not only that, but this place has a wealth of natural resources. It's wasted on the Clovers! Heh heh heh heh!"

"...what the fuck," the man said.

"The Diamond kingdom is attacking!" A Clover mage shouted.

"No shit, Sherlock,"

"On your honour as Magic Knights, do not let their invasion succeed!!" The commanding mage shouted. "Activate the magic barrier!"

A large barrier surrounded the area. The man whistled.

"That some fine magic," he said lighting up a cigarette. "However..."

"That barrier was made from 50 of our brigade members! You won't easily break it!" One of the mages said. "In addition, this barrier lets magic through from the inside! First, take out the lightning mage general! Snipe him!"

The Clover mages attempted to attack but a barrier was formed around the lightning general, giving the attacks no purpose other than wasting mana.

"What weak, ugly magic," the lightning general said. "Well, look this..."

He began to summon his magic. A large bow of lightning appeared in front of him with several arrows.

[Lightning Creation Magic; Thunder-bird Warrior Air Splitting Arrow]

"...is how you fire spells,"

The arrows were released and easily penetrated the barrier. In addition, it also hit the mages and houses.

"Yeah, I knew it. This isn't going to work," the man on the roof said.

"Yesss! And now we charge!" One of the generals shouted.

"Don't break formation!" The other one ordered. "Stay in squads of ten! Defence mages, activate barrier spells and watch out for long-range magic!"

"Yes sir!"

"Close and mid-range attack mages, scout for enemies and let your magic charge up!"

"Sir!"

"Long-range attack mages, keep up a barrage of spells with low magic consumption to throw them into confusion!"

"Yes sir!"

"After that..."

The general's orders were cut of by the other general's recklessness. He smashed the wall down like breaking a twig.

[Red Clay Creation Magic; Raging Great Boar Charge]

"What?!" A Clover mage shouted the mage next to him was killed.