CHAPTER THRITY-THREE

YOSHIKO INSTANTLY felt her stamina draining drastically. Her body reacted well (according to Asgorath) to the union mode however, if she really wanted to keep it for long, she would have to practice more.

"No way. Not even if it kills me!" Asta shouted. "And... Until we become the Wizard King and Shadow Wizard King, we will not die!"

He was about to slash another arm when he was kicked to the side by Gauche.

He's back!

"Took him long enough,"

"With his magic, we can win!"

"You almost died after yelling some dumb stuff," Gauche said.

"Mister Gauche!" Asta shouted. "What were you doing running away?!"

"I wasn't running away. I was just getting Marie to safety," Gauche clarified.

"So the idiot finally came back, did he?" Theresa asked.

"It doesn't matter whether you join us or not! It's useless!" Sally said.

Gauche flew towards her. "I'll take you on myself! I'll fight for the sake of Marie's love! So she'll tell me I'm cool!"

Aw! That's sweet.

"Kinda sounds like you and your brother..."

It does?

"Maybe a little,"

[Mirror Magic: Real Double]

[Double Reflect Refrain]

The two Gauche attacked the mud monster. But unfortunately for him, the monster just seemed to regenerate and shoot out more mud much to Yoshiko's disgust.

Why mud magic? That's just nasty! Cool but nasty.

While Gauche was thinking, he and the double were blown of their broom. Yoshiko's eyes widen as she started to run towards him. As the mud hand came down on him, she and Asta destroyed it.

"I thought you came into help! What're you doing charging by yourself?!" Asta asked. "We're a team, right?! We'll protect you and you'll protect us! If we do that, we'll be able to fight forever! An epic strategy if I do say so myself,"

His yelling is making my ears hurt...

"What the heck is this ridiculous strategy?" Gauche asked. "This guy is really an idiot,"

The he proceeded to remember Yami.

"I guess there's no helping it. If you guys die, Marie will be sad," Gauche said getting up. "I'll protect you guys,"

"What're you talking about? We're comrades! What else do we do?!" Asta asked.

"You lousy little runt. Don't talk to your seniors like that," Gauche said.

That's when Asta smaller sword came out from his grimoire. Yoshiko could smell pumpkin coming out of it. That was mirror magic.

Yelling (with Yoshiko covering her ears), he slashed the sword. An anti-magic attack came out of it and hit the monster. But it just regnerated much to Asgorath's annoyance.

"Maybe I should take over your body,"

"Even that didn't work?!" Asta asked.

"Wow! What was that? An anti-magic slash attack? How did you launch it?!" Sally asked.