CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

YOSHIKO WAS using her magic to block the attacks. She stared at the newest creepy thing.

"Number 2. Alfred," The mage said.

Wait... What happened to number 3?!

"In the middle of a crisis, all you're wondering is the order,"

"Even that special anti-magic sword of yours is pretty pointless if your enemy's airborne and you can't touch him," The mage mocked.

Noelle was about to help but she and Leopold have their own problem at hand.

"That guy is your opponent," The mage said to them.

"Come at me yourself, huh? I control corpses and win just by watching! That's how I fight you, morons!" The mage said.

Asta glared at him.

"What's with that look? Guts alone ain't going to get you out of this, kid! End him, Alfred!"

Asta knew he couldn't move as a smoke beam came at him. But fortunately for him, he didn't have to. Blue and orange flames came out and stopped the attack.

"Oh! Yoshiko thank you!" Asta thanked.

"Hm!" Yoshiko nodded.

Then a hand was placed on hers and Asta's shoulders. Yoshiko looked up and saw the captain of the Crimson Lions.

"I apologize for horning in on your fight," He told them. "I thought it would be a shame to let the two of you die here. Forgive me!"

"I also apologize. My husband's very... strange," Mizuki apologized from behind. "Here, let me heal you,"

[Sky Dragon Recovery Magic: Sorayashi's Breath]

"You're a peasant with no magic while you're one who can't speak," He told them.

"Mh!" Yoshiko retorted.

"I'm impressed you both fought this far. I hate to admit it but it looks as though Yami's foresight was better than mine," Fuegoleon said. "I only raised my hand for you was because you remind me of someone I held very dear to but now I see that you have more potential than what you showed in the exams,"

I don't get it. I know them but I don't know how.

"Your names were Asta and Yoshiko, right? You both wanted to be the Wizard King and Shadow Wizard King," He said.

"Say what?! Become the Wizard King and Shadow Wizard King?! Like a nobody like the two of you can do that!" The mage yelled.

"Does he ever shut up?"

"In that case... The three of us are rivals as well," He announced.

... What?

"You've got a captain for a rival, congratulations,"

"I get it... This guy's..." The mage started.

"Leave the rest to me!" Fuegoleon shouted.

"Love? Could you not yell? I do understand your enthusiasm but please," Mizuki said.

"I-I'm sorry," He stuttered.

Mizuki laughed. "I'm only teasing you,"

Asta and Yoshiko watched as Fuegoleon began to get nervous.

What the-?! She's making him nervous! Both of them thought as they looked at each other in shock.

"Aagh! This is no time to be licking my wounds! I'm still good to go!" Asta yelled.