CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

YOSHIKO SAT on her own, staring at the sky. No one was there. Not Rin, not Asta, not Noelle, no one.

"You're still thinking about that, huh?" Asgorath asked her.

Mh. My uncle's scent is... a lot like hers...

"You haven't told me who this 'her' is yet,"

She... is the one who saved me when I was attacked.

"When you lost your voice?"

Yeah.

"Do you know her name?"

No.

"Do you remember how she looked like?"

No. Nothing. It feels like everything before I came back to the church never happened. The only thing I do remember is the promise I made with Asta and Yuno.

Yoshiko looked at her palms. They were bleeding with small nail cuts to them. She wrapped her hands in her snow. Then, the snow disappeared. The hands were fine but still red with her blood.

Mr. Asgorath.

"Yes?"

Did you know I was cursed?

"...Not exactly,"

What do you mean?

"I knew what was going on with you wasn't normal but I didn't believe it was a curse. I've been with you since you were an infant so I didn't pick up on the smell nor sound of a curse,"

What about with Aniki? Couldn't you tell he was cursed?

"I had been with your father since he was a child. When your brother was born, I was there. When things happened to him, I was there. I was always there him until I was sealed into you. Even then, I could feel him in a sense. Not one time was I able to tell he was cursed,"

I see...

Yoshiko laid down on the soft grass. She twirled in it while rubbing her face. She squinted her eyes, ruffled her hair and squished her cheeks.

"Just cry already. No one but me is here,"

I'm not crying! I'm thinking!

"Of what?"

Something I can do to help Aniki!

"What do you purpose we do?"

Find a way to get rid of the curse, obviously!

"That's going to be hard,"

Hard, not impossible!

"That's true but... will we be able to do it by next year? Before your brother dies of his curse?"

-&-

Yoshiko severly disliked having dreams now. Each dream was dangerous and deadly. No matter what, she would always wake up in a cold sweat, panting. Even Asgorath noticed it was strange.

Right now, she was witnessing her father's dark childhood. He seemed around nine but his condition made him look like a prisoner of sorts. He laid curled in his bed, with all sorts of wounds on him. Beating marks, whips, stab wounds, he even had burns on his skin!

What is this...?

"His disgusting excuse of a stepmother did this,"

What happened to his birth mom?